How to animate a .x model

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
The BasheR

How to animate a .x model

Post by The BasheR »

Hi for, i've just converted a .3ds model to a .x model, but when i launch my program i see just under the model something like a skeleton, and also i don't know how to anime this model .x .

Is someone can help me and tell me why there is a skeleton, and how to animate this model?

Thanks a lot.

In the console i have this message: Unknown data object in x file: Header.
When you want you can!
Quand on veut on peut!
GuerillaSoftworks

Post by GuerillaSoftworks »

I'm not too sure about your perticular problem but i've run into many problems when converting from .3ds to .x. I decied a long time ago that it's not a good idea.

As for animating your model. What software are you using to create your model? Does it not have any functionalilty for animating (e.g. with 'bones'). There are many free programs you could use to animate your models, however what you use depends on what rigging system you want use. It's worth searching for such software using a search engine. Also Im sure there's plenty of stuff about this kind of thing in the 'everything 2D/3D' forum if you were to do a search.
Guerilla Softworks

New Guerilla Softworks website under construction - http://guerillasoftworks.awardspace.com
The BasheR

Post by The BasheR »

mmmh i think you didn't understand my problem, or maybe i didn't understand your answer, but my problem is i have a model, this one is animated by 3DS Max, but Irrlicht can't use the animations with this format, so i've just converted it to .x file, but i know Irrlicht can use the animations with it, but my problem is that i don't know how to use Irrlicht to use the animations of my model. Is someone can help me about it?

Thanks a lot.
When you want you can!
Quand on veut on peut!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

There are tutorials covering all this and the API documentation also helps in case you don't find the correct parameters.
The BasheR

Post by The BasheR »

Ok thanks for your answer i'm going to have a look in these tutorials.
When you want you can!
Quand on veut on peut!