3dsMax 8.0 animations to X.file

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
riddler2006

3dsMax 8.0 animations to X.file

Post by riddler2006 »

Hi,
I have a problem with exporting animations from Max 8.0 to a x. file. In my max Model I place Bones and assign them to a part of the mesh.

I do it this way:
1.) I select my Mesh
2.) I do a Poly Select and Select the part of the mesh
3.) I go to the Modiefier List, Sleect Skin and add the Bones I want to

I want to animate a kind of a snail and so I want to animat their "antennas"; So I do the same procedure for the second antenna like for the first antenna and export the mesh. When I watch the mesh I see that one antenna is working fine but the second one is unassigned from the bones ;
Nevertheless I see how the bones are moving but without the skin

Has anyone had this problem too ?
Yoran
Site Admin

Post by Yoran »

I took the liberty to create a guide for you and everyone else having trouble exporting BIPED animations from max.
It took me ages to figure out so :)

http://www.nimation.nl/yoran/guide/
riddler2006

Post by riddler2006 »

Thanks very much for your help but unforunately the problem is stil the same;
I exported my mesh with the FBX Exporter
and imported it again;
when I tried to watch the animation again I recognized that one part of the snail is moving with it's bones and the other part of the snail has lost it's allocation to the specified bones;

When I exported the mesh to fbx the exporter printed:

"Skipping smoothing group and edge visibility export on skins and morph targets."
-Sphere01 (This is my Mesh)

Maybe teh reason is that I assigned several groups of bone to one and the same mesh??