Project B.E.A.U.T.Y. - Action RPG - Help wanted *screens*

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
iamtehpwn

Project B.E.A.U.T.Y. - Action RPG - Help wanted *screens*

Post by iamtehpwn »

Team name: Team Fury

Project name: Project B.E.A.U.T.Y. (Code Name/Working title)

Description:

Syphen is a young boy at the age of 16 who is at an Orphanage. It is there when his friend Marek teaches him how to fight, and how to use energy attacks, and various other combat moves. Marek was always a very depressed boy, but puts all his time and energy into caring for his Girlfriend, Serenity. One day, Serenity falls very ill and dies. In extreme Depression, Marek runs from the orphanage in tears then takes his own life with a dagger. This, to Syphen, was the last time he would see Marek in his current state.

And when he dies, his soul descends into hell, where a dark spirit named Keanen tell him they can bring him back to life, as well as Serenity, if he could lead all the souls of Ariel(the nation in which these events take place) into hell by placing a mark on everyone's left hand. This Mark is called the Mark of the Cerberus. To do this, he gave him seductive 6 women named B.E.A.U.T.Y.—in which put the world under a state of awe by their looks a glamor, in order to gain trust under Marek's Leadership of Ariel to place the Mark. Once the Mark was placed, People became more vicious in nature, as they no longer had a soul, as it belonged to Keanen.

Keanen is trying to take down the King of Hell, Hirosis. Hirosis was far stronger then Keanen, So in order for Keanen to become more powerful then Hirosis, he came to the conclusion that human souls are more powerful then those found in hell. However, With him being a creature of the shadows, there was no practical to way to accomplish this. Thus, he used Marek.

So, Keanen had planned to created 7 beautiful women age the of 13 to take over the world, by providing what is known as the Mark of the Cerberus, which was planted on one's right hand to show they their Soul was now in possession of Keanen. They were made at the age of 13 for Keanen to oversee their development over the course of 3 years, never telling them their purpose of existance. However, one of them named Valkyrie, was born with a pure heart, and decided not to join Keanen. Keanen was indeed furious with her, and kicked her out of Hell and then she awoke in the realm of light. One of the Angels, Ira, saw Valkyrie's acts, and granted her inner light, transforming her from a creature of the shadows, to a human. With this, she then descended into the Light realm. And descended unto Ariel Orphanage passed out where Being about the age of 13, and not having any parents, She decided to Stay, and those 3 years, she grew a strong relationship Syphen, eventually becoming his girlfriend

3 years have passed, and the Orphanage gets word that a parade for the new leader in Capital City of Ariel will take place. Valkyrie wishes for Syphen to take her into the parade in the Capital City for the new leader of the nations. When they get there, Syphen and Valkyrie then see the new leader and B.E.A.U.T.Y. Many people are overly impressed with them and then leadership. The New leader gives a short speech about how he will deliver them poverty and create a world of peace. Syphen is totally unimpressed with this, and he feels a horrible evil coming from B.E.A.U.T.Y, And he hears people referencing him to as Marek. Syphen took a harder look at him, and notice he looked the Marek he knew 3 years ago, except that his hair had grown gray, and eyes had a different glow to them. Syphen has a strong feeling that it is him however.
Syphen wants to ask him some questions about his past, So he sneaks into their government building.
They go into further conversation about the mark of the Cerberus, where the souls of humanity would be trapped forever. He also discovers that B.E.A.U.T.Y. are actually monstrous creations from hell.

From here, the adventure continues with more details.

Each one of the 6 members of B.E.A.U.T.Y. where sent to 6 different cities in the nation, to persuade everyone to follow them. Each of member has different elemental strength. Syphen then must crawl his way into each different places and learn new techniques. Defeat the boss, and go move on to the next of their government buildings scattered across Ariel.

Once all 6 are defeated, Syphen will then go back to Capital city. Marek tells more story about his plans of domination to Syphen, but refuses to let him live to tell about it. They fight, and in a struggle, Syphen finally gets a weakened Area of Marek to attack. However, he struggles to kill his Childhood best friend, until he sees a flash back of the original Marek when he was young, and the Serenity. They both tell him to kill the new shell of Marek for the greater good, and Syphen Attacks him, Destroy Marek, and freeing the mental sway from people.

Other Concepts:
Hell and B.E.A.U.T.Y.
As Life continued and the living realm, light realm and hell all expand, one in the realm of hell tried rule over all. His name was Hirosis. Unnaturally being stronger then the other spirits, he then rose to power. After being in power, an organization began to install a new king, Keanen. He saw that humans had more power then those of beings in hell, and by stealing spirits, he could reuse their spirits as a weapon against Hirosis. Keanen knew that this was the only way he could destroy Hirosis, however, there was no practical way for Keanen to recruit humans, so after strongly observing human behavior, he noticed that many humans were very shallow to appearance and wealth. So, Keanen had planned to created 7 beautiful women age the of 13 to take over the world, by providing what is known as the Mark of the Cerberus, which was planted on one's right hand to show they their Soul was now in possession of Keanen. They were made at the age of 13 for Keanen to oversee their development over the course of 3 years. However, one of them named Valkyrie, was born with a pure heart, and decided not to join Keanen. Keanen was indeed furious with her, and kicked her out of Hell and then she awoke in the realm of light. One of the Angels, Ira, saw Valkyrie's acts, and granted her inner light, transforming her from a creature of the shadows, to a human. With this, she then descended into the Light realm. And descended unto Ariel Orphanage passed out where Being about the age of 13, and not having any parents, She decided to Stay.

Valkyrie found, meeting Orphans
When Valkyrie arrived, the orphans all took her in, and she awoke in a bed. The first person she saw was Serenity, who had been her care taker after the events. She woke up and asked where she had been, and Valkyrie told her it was longer then she could explain. Serenity decided to leave it at that. Valkyrie decided to walk outside a little, where she then met Syphen. Syphen then asked Serenity Who she was. After that, him and Valkyrie would spend 3 more years together, and eventually, began to like each other.

Technological Advancements of Ariel
Ariel has many technological advancements and is a semi-futuristic nation. The Aurora that surrounds the living world helps power the many machines and other devices. Though many of the poorer and lower class people live more simplistic then those of money.

Government of Ariel
Since Ariel's beginning it has always been a Monarchy. And a Prince had recently took over named Raiden, who just turned. However, His leadership is short ruled lived to only 3 years later, As Marek rises to power as dictator. When Marek took her. Raiden had no choice but to flee before Marek executed him.

Mark of the Cerberus
In Hell, the Cerberus is a 3 headed creature that eats souls.

World Aurora
There is an Aurora of energy surrounding the world that Angels gave to the World before they left it. Though Ariel's geological programs lead to them to realize that it was a liable energy source that never ran out as long as the Angels were alive to watch over the humanity.

Game Play
The game play is action oriented fist based combat. However it progresses like a normal RPG. You also can have different energy attacks and etc to do damage. We are planning 30 different energy attacks so the user is constantly doing quests, or on the main quests receiving different attacks and abilities. Everything is done in real time. The game features a 3rd person camera, and has an auto-targeting camera used in combat in order to help better provide precision attacks. It also includes dash ability so that if the enemy is too far away, you can speed to them in hit them, allowing more combos. We also plan on using IrrKlang for 3d sound. The game does feature some platforming elements with the ability to jump.

Target aim:
We are trying to create a Free Action RPG.
The Nature and style of the game is what similar to that of a Game Square Enix would make. Though, we have our own styles and game play concept we are adding to the game. The Combat is Action based, and we are looking to have the game to be 35 hours. It is a big commitment, and we do look forward to a 2-4 year development spand

Compensation:
The reward is ultimately making people happy with a free, great game to play

Technology:
Dev-Cpp (www.bloodshed.net)
Irrlicht (irrlicht.sourceforge.net) Though you should know that :P

Talent needed:
Graphical Programmers, and someone who can help program game play.
Though I am covering some graphics, I am mostly going to start on Game play Mechanics, which are very important. And Another person would better help me out with that.

Team structure:
Ryan (me) - Game Designer, Game Play Mechanics programmer, Game play programmer
Marc - Lead Programmer
Brian - Graphical Programmer

We've been using a Myspace To host some images of our game.
http://www.myspace.com/cerberusofthethree

Contacts:
Mines (Ryan):
AIM: burningchaos67
MSN: tame5x0@hotmail.com

Marc:
AIM: MarcDobek01

Screenshots:
Last edited by iamtehpwn on Wed May 30, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Looks interesting, I didn't read everything, but the story seems impressive, I can help out with some of the gameplay coding as you asked.
iamtehpwn

Post by iamtehpwn »

Wonderful. If you Have MSN or AIM, contact me.
MSN: tame5x0@hotmail.com
AIM: burningchaos67
Marek

Post by Marek »

Needless to say, you'll probably need to help with Cerberus primarily. So that when that's done...
-- Marc
Chaos Studios: Lead Programmer
Luben

Post by Luben »

I like those backgrounds. Are they static images in skyboxes, or do you generate them in realtime?
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

7 beautiful women age the of 13
I think this game is illegal in my country :shock:

ps: Skybox looks funky did you make it? Gives me inspiration to use the oldskool plasma effect in GIMP as a skybox now lol..
iamtehpwn

Post by iamtehpwn »

BlindSide wrote:
7 beautiful women age the of 13
I think this game is illegal in my country :shock:
lol. For one, he creates them at that age to watch over them for 3 years. During the game events, They are 16.

Regarding The Skybox, they are prerendered images. However, in final game result, They will be done in real time (though done with the minimal amount of processing and GPU power be used to make sure that it is widely compatible.)
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Are you making the graphics with Blender or 3DS Max
iamtehpwn

Post by iamtehpwn »

GameDude wrote:Are you making the graphics with Blender or 3DS Max
We, for the most part, all programmers, and programming for the early development is whats mostly needed. So As for the models, I can't say anything right now
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Well I can still code.
iamtehpwn

Post by iamtehpwn »

Great. This a really huge project we're trying to do.
And us being an Indie team, we are indeed grateful.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Well this project seems realy interesting, so I'd be glad to help work on it.
iamtehpwn

Post by iamtehpwn »

Also, note to anyone else who wishes to join, just contact me with the first post.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Just wondering, what other positions are needed? Or still availible?
iamtehpwn

Post by iamtehpwn »

For right now, we're open to adding a concept Artist, and are accepting as many programmers who want to desire to join.