Simple lightning question with nodes

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
markrenton

Simple lightning question with nodes

Post by markrenton »

Hello all, this is my first message here. Excuse me, 'cause I'm a real amateur on 3d.

I want to make a simple application. A ball in a room. But I want to add light to the scene. In irrlicht examples, they always use meshes (which is imported from a 3ds max file etc.)
I want to make a room using "addCubeSceneNode()". And create the ball with "addSphereNode()". Is it possible to add lightning and shading to this scene?
Or if I had to use a mesh file, how can I create an empty room mesh and where? - please don't say 3ds max :)

Thanks all.
LLDD

Post by LLDD »

Look at the example number 11. It's a room with an sphere a moving light and some other things.
________
Oregon Medical Marijuana
Last edited by LLDD on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
markrenton

Post by markrenton »

LLDD wrote:Look at the example number 11. It's a room with an sphere a moving light and some other things.
Yeah I was looking to that example, but room "mesh" is imported from a file there.
I want to create a room with nodes and add lightning, shading to it. Or to learn how to create my own mesh (a basic empty room)
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Better look at example 15 because is uses the sphere scene node :wink: The other one's a mesh. But you can add lighting with both. You'll have a problem with the box, though, because you'd use it from the inside. You have to invert it (scale by (-1,-1,-1)), possible also renormalize the normals to get proper lighting. And you should notice that the box scene node does not yet offer tesselation, so lighting will be ugly.
markrenton

Post by markrenton »

I point out the -1,-1,-1 thing before :)

I will try inverting the normals and such.

Thank you