IFlashTexture

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
linkoraclehero

IFlashTexture

Post by linkoraclehero »

I'm what some people might call a... newbie. But whatever, this is something I really want to create. Using gameSWF, I'm going to create a IFlashTexture class able to load, interact, and overall handle flash video to gameSWF's current capabilities (Limited :P). As gameSWF gets updated, so will IFlashTexture. Wish me luck with this, I'm sure having a better version of Quake 4 and SiN Episodes interactive terminals is something everyone will love.
linkoraclehero

Post by linkoraclehero »

Ah, forget that. gameSWF relies WAY too much on SDL... trying to find a new lib to use, one that's not so prebuilt...
linkoraclehero

Post by linkoraclehero »

Well, this will take MUCH longer than expected, thanks to some people thinking it's okay to make (naturally) platform independent code in a platform dependent GDI (MSVC++). Gotta do a few fixes to the code first... (like adding a typedef for BOOL)
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

uhh what?

I got lost somewhere in the ocean of abbreviated acronyms.

:?: :?: :!:

do you intend to put flash video or flash...umm applications? within your texture or both? (is there a difference? sry only familure with the video .flv)

btw who the hell cares about quake 4... and what the hell is SIN or whatever.
cederron

Post by cederron »

I will use this in my project, good luck!
IPv6

Post by IPv6 »

This would be great!
i don`t understand why there is a lot of "hype" around avi textures, when flash is much more efficient and can handle all types of video by himself but with additional flixibility for developer/animator. Such class would be a great benefit to irrlicht
Cardinal4

Post by Cardinal4 »

Is it going to load .flv or .swf? If it's the latter, would it run just like a Flash Player in Irrlicht? This could turn out to be really awesome.. :D
Sketches of a rambling mind
Still a long way on learning Irrlicht...