Dark Quake 3 map (example 16) on Linux / OpenGL

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
roterl

Dark Quake 3 map (example 16) on Linux / OpenGL

Post by roterl »

I'm using Linux (Ubuntu feisty, with NVidia drivers), Irrlicht Engine version 1.3
When I'm running the examples of the Quake 3 map (both example 1 and 16) with OpenGL renderer it is VERY dark.
Using BurningsVideo renderer is much lighter , but with low quality and FPS.

ImageOpenGL
ImageBurningsVideo

Any idea?

thanks,
Rotem.
Joseph

Re: Dark Quake 3 map (example 16) on Linux / OpenGL

Post by Joseph »

roterl wrote:I'm using Linux (Ubuntu feisty, with NVidia drivers), Irrlicht Engine version 1.3
When I'm running the examples of the Quake 3 map (both example 1 and 16) with OpenGL renderer it is VERY dark.
Using BurningsVideo renderer is much lighter , but with low quality and FPS.

ImageOpenGL
ImageBurningsVideo

Any idea?

thanks,
Rotem.
Does your graphics card meet up to the requirements of Irrlicht? That could be a problem.. :)

Joseph
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
....printf ("HELLO WORLD!\n");
....system ("pause");
}
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

You should try to adjust the gamma values, helped a little for me. But still it's quite dark here, too, with an ATI card. Also different driver revisions might help.
roterl

Post by roterl »

The graphics card is GeForce 7600 GT which support OpenGL 2, so this shouldn't be a problem.
Also I'm using the drivers from the Ubuntu repository which I guess pretty updated.
I also see some other OpenGL application good, so I guess the driver is fine too (Unless there is a problem with specific option).

Rotem.