BlindSide's HLSL Shader Pack

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
BlindSide
Admin

BlindSide's HLSL Shader Pack

Post by BlindSide »

Hey guys, here is my HLSL shader pack.

It allows you to:

Use shadow maps, with 3 types of filtering.
Apply Gooch material.
Apply Phong per-pixel material.
Apply Mr Wiggle material.
Apply Anisotropic highlight material.
Apply BRDF material.

Here is a screenshot:

I have released it under the LGPL currently because it is still at an early stage and contains many bugs and inefficiencies. If people can contribute and make it better and more usable than I will re-release it under the ZLib/MIT license.

Download it from here:
http://irrlichtirc.g0dsoft.com/BlindSid ... haderP.zip
It has been updated now the constructor takes the scenemanager incase you are using multiple ones, so now it must be (device,scenemanager,shadowmapsize,useaccurate), so the doxygen is a bit out of date.

Please read the documentation in the "Doc" folder thoroughly before using!

Cheers :D
Last edited by BlindSide on Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beshrkayali

Post by beshrkayali »

plain and clear, amazing.
thank you :lol:
olivehehe_03

Post by olivehehe_03 »

Looks nice, shame I have such a crappy video card :P
Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

don't work well for me, this is the result of the binary file. There are strange artifacts on the terrain:

AMD 2600+ 3dnow, nvidia 6200 last drivers, dx 9.0c installed, winxp SP2

hope you can fix that :D
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

The binary file... hmmm this is strange because I have a 6200 also. They seem to be Z-buffer precision artifacts. Can you press "R" to show the shadow map and then take a screenshot of this?

PS: Updated to new wrapper improved by elvman, thx alot.
krama757

Post by krama757 »

Sweeeeeet! Blind any plan to make terrain self shadowing a similar way? That would definately be a hit with the Irrlicht community.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Actually it already self-shadows in a way, but it does not look that good using normal shadow maps.

Maybe ambient occlusion or some method from this gamedev article would be appropriate.
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

here you are. i have re-downloaded your file to the updated version, the bug still appear

omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

maybe you are forcing 16 bit colour (in ur gfx card options).
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Yes that shadow map texture lacks colour info. You see how the ground has bands on it in the picture just like in the shadow? Can you try to adjust your driver settings to maybe higher quality, in the meantime I will find a fix for this (eg forcing texture creation to 32 bit or something).
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

I thought 16 bit textures/framebuffer bc of the red and green bands (they have more bits than blue)
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
varholl

Post by varholl »

Hi BlindSide! i looked to your shader pack.. pretty nice :D

I have a doubt.. i didn't tested it yet.. but i want to know (sorry for my low shader known level) if this pack only allows me to have that incredible shadows..

Maybe it has another effects and i dont see them..

thanks in advance!
A caos world where only the strongest lives, weak is not an option... you must fight.. Nokturna!!

http://nokturna.varholl.com.ar
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Good work BlindSide:) Shaders are very good:)
white tiger

Post by white tiger »

i have change the setting from 16 bit to 32 bit in my graphic settings and it works great. thanks :D but it should work also in 16 bit. you should find a fix for it

bye
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

white tiger wrote:i have change the setting from 16 bit to 32 bit in my graphic settings and it works great. thanks :D but it should work also in 16 bit. you should find a fix for it

bye
Yes that is fully correct, I will not see something that requires the end user manually changing graphics settings to work correctly as something that is complete and ready for release. That is why this pack is still in semi-developement mode with a restricting license.

I think it wont be hard to fix, I will try using the Irrlicht texture creation parameter to force 32-bit textures or something similar.
varholl wrote:Hi BlindSide! i looked to your shader pack.. pretty nice :D

I have a doubt.. i didn't tested it yet.. but i want to know (sorry for my low shader known level) if this pack only allows me to have that incredible shadows..

Maybe it has another effects and i dont see them..

thanks in advance!
List of features is listed at the start of the first post.