My character animation demo

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Virion
Competition winner

My character animation demo

Post by Virion »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r_MoulbogH8
Modeled and animated with 3dsmax. It's for my team's project. But sorry we are not using Irrlicht tho. :oops: (Don't blame me I'm not the programmer >_< uhh)
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Wow thats pretty cool, i like the chracter style. Also can you give us some tips on animation bc i can do the raigging in blender, i just cant animate well.

I saw your game on your blog, good luck.
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

i'm also just started to learn animation. the first charater has no bone at all. the second character only has 3 bones. i also need some tips. :oops:
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Haha it is interesting to see you learn OpenGL while your programming team is using XNA. Im very happy of that because over the past few weeks (Especially working with omaremad) Ive noticed how many nice things OpenGL has to offer, this is also biased by the fact that alot of advanced things Irrlicht supports are implemented in the OpenGL side but not DirectX, so its kind of a forced opinion also. Then again the cross-platform and open-source aspects really leave you wondering why anyone actually needs DirectX :P

Cheers

PS: Having said that, I will gladly contradict myself in saying that I would love to check out game programming with XNA and C# for myself sometime. Sometime soon... :P
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

I learn OpenGL because I want to understand more about how the graphic of games are made. But I don't think I will use the pure OpenGL to code any games though...

Actually I've also tried C#/XNA and think that it is quite ok because it is simple and can reduce much coding works. (just that)

My main job in the team is do modelling. but sometimes i will involve in some programming stuffs but just making some simple tools such as model viewer.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

I've noticed that there are significant improvements in Irrlicht such as advanced animation, shaders, etc. Maybe I will show our programmer how simple and powerful is Irrlicht (and cross-platform!). But I need more screenshots/demo/video to make him confident. Irrlicht is great. :D