Good resource website

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
BlindSide
Admin

Good resource website

Post by BlindSide »

Hey guys I found a site that has free models and textures (And some for sale also)

Here it is http://www.gamebeep.com/

I think the pirate model looks really high-quality (unfortunately it is unanimated, but maybe someone can find the time for this, personally I will just stick some bones on it in Blender and animate it in game).

Anyway good hunting.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
JP

Post by JP »

Cheers for that! I'm in need of a goog looking pirate model like that for my commercial project so i may well use this in some capacity!

EDIT: Always good to check out turbosquid.com as well for those who don't know about it
Last edited by JP on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
arras

Post by arras »

Yep ...nice models, not a lot of them but good quality. Nice find.
JP

Post by JP »

Can anyone convert that model into a different format? I don't have max and the extra .mdl format supplied there won't open in any programs i've got. I've tried it in gmax, quick3d and a few half-life/quake mdl viewers.

If anyone could convert it into 3ds that would be great!
Image Image Image
arras

Post by arras »

I did try to open that mdl file in Milkshape but it seems to be empthy ...or there is something else wrong. Milkshape did not give any warning.

Sorry...

Somebody with Max may help.
JP

Post by JP »

Got someone with max now who should be able to convert it for me :)
Image Image Image
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

You need the game studio modeller, this can export it to MD2, and then you can use any tool that reads MD2 to convert it into something else. (Or use it directly.).

The problem is that gamestudio is not free, but you can download a trial version, and then use this short precious time to export an MD2, which hopefully it will let you do in the trial.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net