C/C++ Coding Challenges

Competitions for Irrlicht or 3D in general.
Irrlicht Screenshot of the Month: Winner for January, vote for February, submit for March
catron

C/C++ Coding Challenges

Post by catron »

NOTE: WILL BEGIN AFTER WEEKEND CHALLENGE TWO.

Here are the 10 challenge rules:

1. Anybody may enter any challenge, as many times as they like, so long as all code is written in C/C++.

2. No more than 10mb (no more 10,000kb! i will be very strict on this rule!) of external media is allowed. This is for improving coding skill not appearance.

3. The person who wins the current challenge becomes the next challenge setter.

4. The challenge setter is the judge for the current challenge, and must select a winner and a runner up.

5. The challenge setter may enter, but may not judge him/herself the winner.

6. The challenge setter will set the time limit according to difficulty. The challenge setter may extend the deadline by 24 hours if there is a very good reason, but extensions must not be made during the final 24 hours of the challenge.

7. If nobody enters within the time limit, the challenge setter must set a new challenge.

8. If the challenge setter fails to judge entries or set a new challenge within 24 hours of the deadline, responsibility for judging and setting a new challenge will pass to the previous runner up. If that person also fails to act promptly, entrants may vote for a winner and new challenge.

9. You may use code from any other entries within the challenges thread for your current entry, so long as you improve upon it in some way and give credit.

10. The Challenge setter can ether set A general Challenge or a theme.

Good luck!!!

Remember even noobs can try to compete. anyone can enter and improve there skills

NOTE: WILL BEGIN AFTER WEEKEND CHALLENGE TWO. I WILL SET A DUE DATE THEN

I will set The first challenge:

Make a Weather affect , it can be anything. Rain, Snow, Lightning, etc. I thought i would start it off pretty easy since this is the first one. You can even go a step beyond that and make a full fledge environment :P
Hint:
Particles

Good luck!!!
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Weather don't seem too hard to.
bitplane
Admin

Re: C/C++ Coding Challenges

Post by bitplane »

We need to reach consensus before posting challenges, start times etc. Also, I don't like your rules :P
catron wrote: 1. Anybody may enter any challenge, as many times as they like, so long as all code is written in C/C++.
I think if we're gonna do it properly and officially then we should force everyone to use Irrlicht, but I'm biased like that.
catron wrote: 4. The challenge setter is the judge for the current challenge, and must select a winner and a runner up.
Sucks! If we're to have a winner then we need a panel of judges. If we're to have judges then we need criteria for judgement and a democratic selection process.
I like Hybrid's idea, that the person who sets the challenge provides the media. We should have people submit some kind of package including instructions and media, and pick the best one for the next challenge.
catron wrote:Make a Weather affect , it can be anything. Rain, Snow, Lightning, etc. I thought i would start it off pretty easy since this is the first one. You can even go a step beyond that and make a full fledge environment
Uh, you announced the contest before the start time or deadline.

There's no rush for this so let's sit down, find the interested parties, and find some rules that everyone is comfortable with
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
dejai

Post by dejai »

Well I will give it a shot maybe in a bit..
Programming Blog: http://www.uberwolf.com