need some help here...

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
hockey97

need some help here...

Post by hockey97 »

Hi I am trying to make a complex weather system and day/night transit...
I never done any 3d graphic programming, I have made scripts in c++ before, and understand c++.

I just need somthing to help me understand how to load a 3d object position it and make it dissapear, based on complex inputs'.

when I mean weather system I also mean clouds storm's snow, rain,ect.

I mostly have problems with dealing with 3d models, like I also want to have the mouse able to select the ground and move the vertex's in a way looking like your digging the gorund or raising the ground.

I want to be able to change textures.

is their anything online that I can look that show, or explains how to play with the 3d models like give me some ideas how to be able to load 3d models in the game and load them out based on logic like, to me it's based on 2 output's .

I am planning it this way, to have 2 equations to input 2 random numbers on each day, this will create a 2 outputs out of the eqautions then get's plug-into my logic system to determain what the weather would be like for that day.

after 24 hour's it then loop's back to those eqations ect.

but the thing is I dont' want to make full 3d models of clouds I want just one 3d model that's foggy looking and is round.

I want to be able to in code, to randomly generate that rounded 3d model in a group sum so that it forms or could form a huge cloud .

so I need somthing that would let me get my hand's on the 3d objects in the game and let me construct my level and operate at at my own logic.
Acki

Post by Acki »

first work through the tutorials (included to the Irrlicht sdk) !!!
they show how to deal with meshes/nodes (3d objects) !!!
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
hockey97

Post by hockey97 »

, I will take a look at it again, lol

also I like your website layout, look's good, did you use html?? pr php??
NoodlePowa

Post by NoodlePowa »

Hockey97: It's php
"Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes."
-Confucius