skeletal human animations [UPDATED]

Post those lines of code you feel like sharing or find what you require for your project here; or simply use them as tutorials.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

lets make a massive gently caress off class that animates meshes with uniform bones, no rigging all code driven, make it do everything that people want....

lets make a wish list and see what happens.
MikeDee

Post by MikeDee »

it gives me this error: "mingw32-g++.exe: ../irrlicht-1.4.2/lib/Win32-gcc/libIrrlicht.a: No such file or directory"

which is odd because I never had Irrlicht 1.4.2 in my pc, let alone link to it.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Maybe you need to adapt the project file?
xray

Post by xray »

@devsh: hehe ok but I'm not the one who creates all the animation equations. Maybe you want to do this :) ? Joke apart, like I said some posts above, it isn't really efficient and a good way to create all animations by specific equations like it is now. The only way out would be using splines to be able to create also animations which are not cycled, and to get the possibility of modifying the animations on the fly by physics etc.
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

MikeDee, check the project files. You need to add the includes and the path to the lib of IRRlicht. I'll doubt that the current one as a specific path set for your current location of the engine.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

i could make fear... (or flinch) if we had uniform set of bones with uniform names :)

i would make a function in where you give the position of the threat and depending on how far it is the character would either "jump" and turn his head round quickly and lean away from the threat. If the threat was close and terrifying the character would flinch and protect itself with hands.

next step up would be to have tiny AI that decides how to combine this with running and head turning.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

im making my little ragdoll :)

first i need a credible head motion and then walking with response to physX

if i get that far, i shall be proud.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

I just made my character headbang

murathc

Post by murathc »

I am keep getting unresolver external symbol error.

"unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall cSkeleton::cSkeleton(void)"

Any suggestions please.
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

Cool project. :D
I am getting some errors though :(

E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|10|error: expected `)' before '*' token|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|16|error: `cEventReceiver' has not been declared|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|16|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `eventReceiver' with no type|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|24|error: expected `)' before '*' token|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: variable or field `handleInput' declared void|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: `int cInput::handleInput' is not a static member of `class cInput'|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: `cEventReceiver' was not declared in this scope|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: `eventReceiver' was not declared in this scope|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: expected primary-expression before '*' token|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: `skeleton' was not declared in this scope|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: expected `,' or `;' before '{' token|

The example works but when i use it in my project i get those errors. Any ideas?

Also, will this allow me to play multiple animations at the same time? For example a character running and reloading a gun.
multum in parvo
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

Cool project.
I am getting some errors though

E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|10|error: expected `)' before '*' token|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|16|error: `cEventReceiver' has not been declared|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|16|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `eventReceiver' with no type|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|24|error: expected `)' before '*' token|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: variable or field `handleInput' declared void|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: `int cInput::handleInput' is not a static member of `class cInput'|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: `cEventReceiver' was not declared in this scope|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: `eventReceiver' was not declared in this scope|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: expected primary-expression before '*' token|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: `skeleton' was not declared in this scope|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression|
E:\CodeBlocksGame\MarsCodeBlocks\Input.hpp|32|error: expected `,' or `;' before '{' token|
Nevermind, i fixed it.
My other question still stands though, will this allow me to play multiple animations at the same time?
multum in parvo
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

Adler, mod it yourself :)

and by the way my mod makes the neck follow the camera target like x_ray's but it blends the animation. This is so when looking right the head doesn't suddenly turn left but it has a 0.4 second blend time.

As part of my euphoria clone, the character displays violent behaviour and cracks his neck like a serial killer :)
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

Adler, mod it yourself

and by the way my mod makes the neck follow the camera target like x_ray's but it blends the animation. This is so when looking right the head doesn't suddenly turn left but it has a 0.4 second blend time.

As part of my euphoria clone, the character displays violent behaviour and cracks his neck like a serial killer
??? I don't think you understand what i am asking(or i don't understand what you are trying to say). Let me try to explain better. Let's say frames 1-10 are the character walking and frames 11-20 are the character reloading and i want him to walk and reload at the same time. Can i just tell the arms to play the reload animation and the legs to play the walking animation?
multum in parvo
xray

Post by xray »

@Adler: like the skeleton class is now, you can't do it! So either you change the class to your needs, or you wait to the next update, but this could take some time though
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

well you have to animate the mesh with the walking animation with animateJoints() and save the results (positions and rotations of bones)

then do the same for the shooting animation and save the results

then mix the positions and rotations to your liking.