skeletal human animations [UPDATED]

Post those lines of code you feel like sharing or find what you require for your project here; or simply use them as tutorials.
xray

Post by xray »

Woah the football animations looking really good, and it is a interesting approach to increase the quality of animations, and even to get unique motions every time. I read the stuff on their page but where not able to focus the whole stuff how it works. For me it looks like they are "just" combining static animations with physics and get somehow dynamic unique motions...

So I would be looking forward to discuss this new method of creating animations!
xray

Post by xray »

Check the main post for updates!!
irruser

Post by irruser »

very nice works very smooth :D .
Carama

Post by Carama »

its very nice but with every character there are less and less fps :(
xray

Post by xray »

its very nice but with every character there are less and less fps
turn the shadows of, they are from irrlicht and not really fps friendly
fukuda

Post by fukuda »

Woah! Thanks :D
kaliber

tutorial

Post by kaliber »

this is great
but i don't know how to use it
is there any tutorial ??

:?
xray

Post by xray »

Well, there is no tutorial but did you downloaded the binary? Theres also the source included, and it should be enough to see how it works. You can post your questions as well.
Lucian_Caetano

Post by Lucian_Caetano »

Hey implements a scripting system .

for example:

MOV BONE_1 X:Value | Y:Value | Z:Value
----------------------------
Lucian 2008 [Brazil]
----------------------------
http://luciancaetano.wordpress.com
munemune

Post by munemune »

Nice!!! Keep the good work :D By the way there any plan to do more movement? like crawl, holding gun, trow small object and such??
xray

Post by xray »

Thanks munemune, I didnt planned to created some more movements but a crawl would be really cool. But there are some problems extending the class to animations like holding a gun, aiming and so on... because they are not cycled animations, so I had to expand the class alot. If I will find some time and willing, I will work again on it.
pera

Post by pera »

can you make example with several characters walking around randomly?

can your class be used for 'NPC' manipulation?
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

pera wrote:can you make example with several characters walking around randomly?

can your class be used for 'NPC' manipulation?
Of course he can, but if you need such a thing why not just create it yourself? And for the "walking randomly" stuff you may need some extra algorithm, which will run outa the skeleton manipulation class, don`t ya think? He said he`s rather busy, so I really doubt he`ll do it. :wink:

Yep, it can be used for either NPC, or whatever stuff you want, keeping in mind the limitations xray mentioned above. Ah, and you may need some skills creating and animating your own characters too. :wink:
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
xray

Post by xray »

Yep, shadowslair said it...

There are still some plans to expand the class alot with a little demo where physics is working collecting items, fighting and so on, thinking of the character control and capabilities like in "jedi knight".
xray

Post by xray »

One question to the users who used or still using my class, is there anyone of you who expanded the class with some more animations ? If so could you post the animation functions please ?

I thought about it again and want to change the method of calculating the animations. I want to use splines in the future to get more realistic animations and to be able to simulate any function. The result would be creating more complex animations and also be able to create non cycled movements like holding things (gun... whatever), pick things up, aiming etc.

The second thing I want to append is something like "euphoria" animations. Not that complex but the first step should be that the characters be able to react on physics and getting random movements, so that the animations are all the time different depending on the environment.

If someone of you interested in helping or discussing this ideas, I would be happy :)

cheers