IrrLua

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Catprog

IrrLua

Post by Catprog »

I am trying to make irrLua but I get a list of errors such as

Error 5 error C2555: 'irr::scene::IrrLuaISceneNode::getMaterialCount': overriding virtual function return type differs and is not covariant from 'irr::scene::ISceneNode::getMaterialCount' h:\irr engine\irrlua\include\IrrLuaISceneNode.h 987
Error 6 error C2555: 'irr::scene::IrrLuaISceneNode::getRotation': overriding virtual function return type differs and is not covariant from 'irr::scene::ISceneNode::getRotation' h:\irr engine\irrlua\include\IrrLuaISceneNode.h 987
Error 7 error C2039: 'OnPreRender' : is not a member of 'irr::scene::ISceneNode' h:\irr engine\irrlua\include\IrrLuaISceneNode.h 34
Error 8 error C2039: 'OnPostRender' : is not a member of 'irr::scene::ISceneNode' h:\irr engine\irrlua\include\IrrLuaISceneNode.h 51
Error 9 error C2664: 'irr::scene::ISceneNode::setAutomaticCulling' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'bool' to 'irr::scene::E_CULLING_TYPE' h:\irr engine\irrlua\include\IrrLuaISceneNode.h 636
Error 10 error C2664: 'irr::scene::ISceneNode::setDebugDataVisible' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'bool' to 'irr::scene::E_DEBUG_SCENE_TYPE' h:\irr engine\irrlua\include\IrrLuaISceneNode.h 653
Error 13 error C2065: 'AutomaticCullingEnabled' : undeclared identifier h:\irr engine\irrlua\include\IrrLuaISceneNode.h 951
Error 15 error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'bool' to 'irr::scene::E_DEBUG_SCENE_TYPE' h:\irr engine\irrlua\include\IrrLuaISceneNode.h 966

Error 131 error C2039: 'SViewFrustrum' : is not a member of 'irr::scene' h:\irr engine\irrlua\pkg\IrrLua_imp.cpp 22271
Error 132 error C2059: syntax error : ')' h:\irr engine\irrlua\pkg\IrrLua_imp.cpp 22271
Error 133 fatal error C1003: error count exceeds 100; stopping compilation h:\irr engine\irrlua\pkg\IrrLua_imp.cpp 22271

I looked on the site but couldn't find anything about it.

What am I doing wrong
mhack

Post by mhack »

What version of Irrlicht are you using? I don't think IrrLua has been updated for a while, the most recent news posting on the project page only mentions Irrlicht 1.1. I had a discussion with the developer, zenaku, last month and he decided to reimplement it in Swig.

I haven't heard from him since, but I am getting close to releasing my own swig-based project for Lua scripting in Irrlicht (called Irrswig). It's in the testing phase right now.
Catprog

Post by Catprog »