Couple of bugs plus first impression

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.

Couple of bugs plus first impression

Post by Guest »

Hi, I've been checking out the project, and I'm very impressed - I've only dabbled in the gui stuff at the moment, but its very well documented, with a nice interface and clean code - plus the full source code helps whenever there is any confusion.

Two small issues:
When pasting into an editbox, it doesn't respect the maximum size. Thus you can paste any large chunk of text in there.

When parsing an xml file, it ignores text if there are 1 or 2 characters. For instance, in the following example, the text node will be skipped.
<name>id</name>
Looks like its due to CXMLReader.cpp line 63
if (P - start > 2)

Apart from that, its been happy sailing!

It would be nice if the text-breaking code in CGUIStaticText could be pushed into a function that the app side can call, since its generally useful. Also it may pay to be able to override it since the breaking code can be different depending on language (for proper grammer).

Also, the IGUIImage could have a flag for whether to display textures with alpha or not, instead of creating an app side class for that one bool.

On the whole though, its been pretty easy doing anything I've wanted. The ability to subclass gui elements is nice and trivial. I've made a few ones up for whatever I've needed, plus a gui layout loading via an xml file. (The necessary constructor arguments where actually a bit of a pain here, since it would have been nicer to create elements in a factory and then 'create' them as needed afterwards).

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Geoff
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Thanks for posting this, some of the things you mentioned will be fixed soon. :)