My3d Texture Problem

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
ucoskun

My3d Texture Problem

Post by ucoskun »

Hi,
I make a level in 3D Studio Max 8 and export to 3ds. I opened 3ds file in gile[s] and textured all objects. I adjusted U , V scales of textures , lightmapped and export to my3d format.

But when i loaded in irrlicht , textures extended.

What's my problem?
Thanks.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Hmm, not sure. Seems to be that texture coords are incorrectly read. I've never seen such a problem. And MY3D should store the texcoords properly in the file. Are you sure that the mesh was properly exported?
ucoskun

Post by ucoskun »

hybrid wrote:Are you sure that the mesh was properly exported?
Yes, I'm sure. :(
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Maybe there's a texture scaling attribute in my3d? Could you upload the mesh somewhere for us to test? Or mail it to the adresse found on my webpage.
ucoskun

Post by ucoskun »

hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Ok, I'll have a look. And also move this thread to bug reports, just in case
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Hmm, unfortunately you chose an incomplete mesh file format :( My3d does not support texture coord transformations, but your scene does. Even though the giles exporter is aware of such transformations, or at least could use them easily, it simply ignores them. So yo have to change the texture mapping inside giles to avoid texture scaling, but use absolute coords instead.
You can also contact the MY3D author and request a new version supporting texture matrices, or at least to fix the exporter and calculate absolute texture coords from the given coords and the transformations. I won't change the format (as it is a proprietary format anyway, even though it's public domain) and also not the exporter (as it is a Giles' or whatever tool's problem). Sorry.
ucoskun

Post by ucoskun »

Ok , thanks Hybrid
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Hi. You should save all in Blitz3D (B3D) format from Gile[s]. I'm using that format and never had problem.