i want to combine IAnimatedMeshes into an octreesnenenode

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
wREAKAILDRON

i want to combine IAnimatedMeshes into an octreesnenenode

Post by wREAKAILDRON »

I use the macintosh, so i cant use irrEdit for anything.

I use IAnimatedMesh

and then i use an octree scene node to extract the mesh out of the IAnimatedMesh, and how do i put more then one mesh into the octree scene node triangle selector.

do i use the function createOctreeTriangleSelector(mesh->getMesh(0), qnode, 120)

over and over? :D
________
Ktm 525Sx
Last edited by wREAKAILDRON on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JP

Post by JP »

I don't think you can do that actually....

You could use a modelling program to combine the multiple meshes into a single mesh.

Or you could use multiple octree scene nodes, one for each mesh.
Image Image Image
wREAKAILDRON

Post by wREAKAILDRON »

was there a mesh buffer that i can dump all my squares into. I did this one program that could come up with random race track, fzero 1 style, and i used these rectangles and an algorthm.

Is there a mesh buffer that i can dump multiple meshes into?
________
X-COUPE
Last edited by wREAKAILDRON on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

I'm not sure I've really understand what you are asking...

You want to load multiples meshes, convert all of them as occtree (I'm assuming that you are loading your level environnement then).

Then the thing you will have to do is add theses triangle selector to a MetaTriangleSelector.

Last thing is to use that MetaSelector in your Collision response animator instead of a selector.

That way all your meshes will be handled for the collision response.