d3d not working with dev c++

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
fireside

d3d not working with dev c++

Post by fireside »

I was using dev packs for Irrlicht with dev c++ and I thought I would update to 1.3.1. I can't seem to get the d3d working on the examples. It compiles without errors and opengl works. d3d was working with version 1.3 and I tried just replacing the libraries but nothing seems to work.
Yellow_Yackets

Re: d3d not working with dev c++

Post by Yellow_Yackets »

M....... Did you tried to re-install everything all over?
Y_Y
fireside

Post by fireside »

Yeah, mostly from trying different things. I think it has something to do with the d3d8.dll and d3d9.dll that get packaged. They might have been recompiled for the newer version, but I don't know why they are necessary at all. I might just use opengl and forget about d3d because of the shaders anyway.
Yellow_Yackets

Post by Yellow_Yackets »

Well i promise that there will be one day that you will need D3D.... but anyways everybody has to work on their way through.

I don't now how to create a simple jump on irrlicht so i'm forgetting about it. Im creating demos that doesn't allow the player to jump, like zelda majora mask.

But if you solve the D3D problem, PM me please. :D
Y_Y
fireside

Post by fireside »

Well i promise that there will be one day that you will need D3D
Any decent video card capable of playing games has opengl drivers and opengl is cross platform.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

you just need to remove a // from IrrCompileConfig.h and recompile. :wink:
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

No, you have to define one thing: IRR_COMPILE_WITH_DX9_DEV_PACK
Otherwise the DX support is disabled for mingw compilers.
fireside

Post by fireside »

I tried that but I still can't get it working. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's got to be something related to that. I'll either find it eventually or just use Opengl. I don't really care at this point.