Question Regarding Importing in Irr and Exporting from Max.

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Ayne

Question Regarding Importing in Irr and Exporting from Max.

Post by Ayne »

I am beginer and start learing Irr 5 days ago(again).

I am using 3ds Max 7.
I have made a complete office building including furniture(chairs, tables, etc). Now i want to import this in Irr.

Q No:1-
Which is the best way for importing this? Which file format is best for static Mesh?

Q No:2-
I need to set the position for the objects my-self or Irr can do this it-self. I mean supose i have a large map like vice city and have different buildings with different positions. In Irr i my-self will set the position of the buildings or Irr it-self set the position ??
Need Explanation.

Q No:3-

Code: Select all

// load and show quake2 .md2 model
        scene::ISceneNode* node = scenemgr->addAnimatedMeshSceneNode(
                scenemgr->getMesh("quake2model.md2"));
Supose i have load a model now i want to display this model on three different places....... I need to load model again and again ??? or Can i use the copy of model three times?? Plz little explanation.

Q No:4-
Which is the best format for animated objects from 3DsMax to Irr?

Thanks in advance.
dudMaN

Post by dudMaN »

Q-1: There is no "best" format, i prefer .obj or .b3d or static meshes as they're small and well loaded from irrlicht

Q-2: Irrlicht can position nodes, try reading the tutorials :P

Q-3: You can probably do some fancy re-positioning each loop to make it appear in 3 places. other than that, you may want to load 3 copies.

Q-4: Again, no best format, but i prefer .x for animated

Also, you may want to learn some english :shock:

-dudMan