AccessViolationException strikes again! (C#)

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Kaiser

AccessViolationException strikes again! (C#)

Post by Kaiser »

I just started playing around with irrlicht a few days ago, and so now I am trying to make a simple underwater scene. Unfortunately my code has spontaneously decided that every file I have is protected, and now goes through a cycle of throwing AccessViolationExceptions. That too confuses me. Its a different line that crashes every time I run the program. Anyway, here's the list (in order) of what file loading methods crash:

Vent.texture = driver.GetTexture(@"..\..\Resources\Textures\Rock\Rock.bmp");
landscape.SetMaterialTexture(1, device.VideoDriver.GetTexture(@"..\..\Resources\Textures\Sand\Sand.bmp"));
landscape = device.SceneManager.AddTerrainSceneNode(@"..\..\Resources\Maps\Mountain.bmp", null, -1,new Vector3D(0,0,0), new Vector3D(160, 20f, 160), new Color(255, 255, 255, 255));
Vent.mesh = smgr.GetMesh(@"..\..\Resources\Objects\Vent1.3DS").GetMesh(0);

As said before, this is written in C#. I know from previous posts on this topic that there is not a lot of support right now for .NET applications. Still, this didn't used to happen, so there must be a way to stop it.

Thanks for your time.

*EDIT* I almost forgot, the device has the same problem irrespective of the engine I use. I've tried every DriverType there is with no improvement.
Kimundi

Post by Kimundi »

What do you mean with "no support for .NET languages"? :D There is a good working .NET Wrapper named Irrlicht CP NET
[Sorry for possible bad English]
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

I hereby award thee with 18 levels of awesomeness. Translating over took a little while, but it works perfectly now. Thanks!