irrlicht 1.4 & irrklang 1.0.2

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
bigbird

irrlicht 1.4 & irrklang 1.0.2

Post by bigbird »

Hello community,

this is my first post in this great community!

My problem:
I installed irrlicht (it works fine) and irrklang (it works fine too).
But how can I use irrlich and irrklang together?

Also I must download irrklang from freshmeat (http://freshmeat.net/projects/irrklang/ ... _id=265173)

The project website will not work. (404).

So, can someone help me?

I can compile the example files from the irrklang folder, and now I will use irrklang together with irrlicht.

I use Visual Studio 2005 Pro.

Thanks,
bigbird
ultran00b

Post by ultran00b »

As to "How do I use irrlicht and irrklang together?", well, why don't you search around the forums? The search tool is a mighty weapon. But aside from that, I'll give you one hint: look at the irrlicht demo!!!
Use the debugger, young Skywalker...
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

This post made me laugh :lol:
A guy comes in praising the friendliness of the community and asks a reasonable question, and the first reply is "you should stfw!!!!"

You can download IrrKlang here- http://www.ambiera.com/irrklang/
And yes, the demo shows how to integrate Irrlicht with IrrKlang, and all the answers can be found by searching the forums (here and at Ambiera).

A small amount of friendliness goes a long way though, it's often not what you say but how you say it ;)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
ultran00b

Post by ultran00b »

Weeeell, I probably should have been nicer, but I don't think that question was really too reasonable. And he doesn't need to know where to download irrKlang :D
Use the debugger, young Skywalker...