irrAI 0.50 - AI module for Irrlicht [Updated 28/11/09]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Top notch JP. Glad to hear of the new job- keep us informed.

The irrAI is looking seriously awesome.but browsing on my phone, i cant check it out. Though i and im sure many others will make use of this, so thanks. Its awesome
JP

Post by JP »

Cheers Fuzz!

I should also point out that I don't think there's been much improvement, if any at all, in the quality of the actual AI... I guess this time i was focusing on the interface and structure of the code and improving the editor. But obviously with a more open interface you can implement better AI yourself if necessary. Over time i do plan to improve on the AI obviously though!
Image Image Image
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Great JP!

The IRRai project is getting really good! I'm really happy to see the improvement you've made to the API! I will have to check that FPS example, from your description it really seem to do what I'd would like to do in THE FIRST KING...

Hope you will be able to continue on the project!
JP

Post by JP »

Not a problem Christian! I'm still a commited member of the FK team so I hope I won't end up letting you down!
Image Image Image
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Well, thanks for the part that touches me that you've left some GCC support there XD. Anyway, would it be that hard to leave a makefile, so all gcc users could compile it? not precisely DevCPP or Code::blocks. although i understand why you do it, developping with MSVC is easier, but would it be that hard to even leave a makefile?

Edit: I've been toying with it a bit, and i've been capable of recompiling the IrrAI library under Irrlicht 1.5 You need to change the way you initialize the strings, as they no longer can be initialized directly to s32. I've changed what the compiler has told me that was erroneous, and i could recompile, this time WELL, unlike the IrrPhysx :roll: Also, tested it with the RPG example, and went fine. I've PM'ed you with the files i've modified, I hope you find them useful :)
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
JP

Post by JP »

Thanks very much Mel, that's a great help!

There should be the DevC++ makefile in there... is it not?

Unfortunately I will be losing my internet access for possibly 6 months tomorrow so might be fairly inactive for a while! I'll do my best to get a 1.5 compatible release up but can't promise anything as i'm gonna be rather busy moving to a new flat! I don't know whether i'll be able to use the net that freely at my new job yet so might not be able to post/upload things there!
Image Image Image
JP

Post by JP »

Right well i updated irrai0.5 to irr1.5 last night but only the GCC lib as the missus decided it would be awesome funny to delete VC08 from our laptop and also a cool idea to make moves towards chucking my desktop pc by convincing me the move to our new flat would be much easier without the massive workstation desk thing (well true it was much easier... damned heavy and big that thing..). So without the internet at home i can't download VC08 there and i thought i'd try downloading it at work to install at home but there's only an online install or you can download an ISO with all the VC editions on it and install that at home but the laptop doesn't have a DVD drive... So i've still got the desktop pc anyway so i guess at some point i'll have to just set it up in a corner somewhere so i can compile the MSVC lib and then the irr1.5 version of irrai0.5 can be uploaded! woo!

To be fair i need the desktop pc set up if i mean to continue developing irrai and irrphysx as it's harder developing them on a crummy old laptop which can barely run irrlicht apps most of the time! :lol:
Image Image Image
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

then is it possible to use IrrAI and IrrPhysx with VC++ express?
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
JP

Post by JP »

Not sure what you mean...

I've not uploaded a irr1.5 compatible version yet but IrrAI and IrrPhysx do both work with VC08 fine, seperately and together (see the FPS example which uses IrrPhysx for occlusion tests).
Image Image Image
JP

Post by JP »

New IrrAI 0.5 that's compatible with Irrlicht 1.5 just uploaded :)

Sorry for the massive delay in that! Very little time at home to work on my projects :(
Image Image Image
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Great to hear! Now I can start working on some stuff that I wanted to test with the new IrrAI. :lol:

By the way, how are things going at work?
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
JP

Post by JP »

Work is grand I have to say! Everything's all go-go-go and much better than at Sony where I had zero official work to do in pretty much my entire last year there, now I'm busy all the time!

The free time at Sony was good for IrrAI/IrrPhysx dev though... :lol:

Feel free to drop me a line about your IrrAI tests and what you've got planned if you find anything lacking!

I'm still planning the navmesh support to be done at some point but can't really say how long that will take me... rather busy at home at the moment so not much time for dev-ing!
Image Image Image
Dronchik

Post by Dronchik »

Hello JP. Your Ai module is great so that I want to use it in my game Radiation Zone. In this morning, I saw sources of FPS Example. But I didn't find code of shoot goal of player's fire to fleeings. Can you point to me, where is it code, what file have it code?
teamAlpha

Post by teamAlpha »

Very cool...will definetly use it on future projects...

::Thumps up::
Alpha::AppleBoy
JP

Post by JP »

Dronchik wrote:Hello JP. Your Ai module is great so that I want to use it in my game Radiation Zone. In this morning, I saw sources of FPS Example. But I didn't find code of shoot goal of player's fire to fleeings. Can you point to me, where is it code, what file have it code?
Hi Dronchik, that code may be in the Common folder (IrrAI/Examples/Common)
Image Image Image