3D to Sprite

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Yeah, I'm planning on remaking this whole program with opengl or directx as options and cross platform. Right now I'm working on a new project, but I'll come back to this one soon. Glad you liked it :)
DeM0nFiRe

Post by DeM0nFiRe »

You know what I would like to see? An option to set the number of frames and the number of directions it takes the shots from. Maybe even a frame delay for animated meshes?
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

You don't really need a frame delay. Frame step is the amount of frames it skips to the next rendered frame, so why do you need a frame delay? You can also pick the directions in the menu, either click the check boxes, or enter a custom degree.
netpipe

ya

Post by netpipe »

batching models would be a welcomed option.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

That's definitely something for me to think about adding, thanks for the suggestion :)
Josh1billion

Post by Josh1billion »

Sweet app, thanks for writing it. :) I might use it in the future...
www.JoshForde.com

Latest release: Super Orbulite World.
In development: Season of Dreams and others
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Hate to bring this topic back from the dead, but I have an update. I'm going to be scrapping this code and rewriting it from the ground up. When I looked back at my code when I decided to try and update this, it was so poorly written that I'm surprised the program even worked :lol: So, a rewrite is in order. I'll be adding everyone's requests to the new version. I'll probably have new screenshots within a week or so. Hopefully there's still interest in this.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

this is interesting. looking forward to this.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Lonesome Ducky wrote:I'm not sure if I'm going to continue to develop this but if anyone is still interested in it, I guess I could try.
You could always release the source and let the community carry on your legacy. 8)
yaten

Post by yaten »

Midnight wrote:
Lonesome Ducky wrote:I'm not sure if I'm going to continue to develop this but if anyone is still interested in it, I guess I could try.
You could always release the source and let the community carry on your legacy. 8)
Your project is great, I hope get motivated again. ^_^
XXChester

Post by XXChester »

HI, I just tried out this program because I am working on a 2d game and I think its easier to find models than sprites and I have a few questions. 1) Is there a way to change the position of the model or camera? When I load the dwarf with a camera elevation of 0 (looking straight on) the dwarf is at the top of the screen. I tried to crop it but it didn't reposition it. 2) Is there a way to load a texture after the initial load? With models such as the faerie they do not have a default texture, but instead have several so when you load it into this program it doesn't load a texture.

***EDIT** Just re-read the thread and noticed I missed the instructions in the first post so question 1 is answered. Although slow, I am able to reposition the model.

Thanks in advance.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

The "Open Model or Texture" button applies any texture you pick to the currently loaded model.
XXChester

Post by XXChester »

Thanks I will have to give that a try tonight,
XXChester

Post by XXChester »

That worked great thanks. I suppose my only question is, are you still planning on rewriting this or releasing your original source? I love the tool and the idea of the tool but I find it difficult to use with its current defects.

Thanks.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Sadly, I won't be working on it in the near future. I'd be more than willing to release the source code if it weren't for the fact that it's an utter mess. :lol: