Split screen between different worlds

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Caspian

Split screen between different worlds

Post by Caspian »

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum... I'm not sure if this is an advanced topic... or if I'm just being n00b ;)

I know how to create a split screen between two cameras viewing different parts of the same "scene". However, I have several different worlds that I'd like the user to view simultaneously in different corners of the screen. Objects will never need to move between the two worlds, so I can use several scene managers (does Irrlicht allow that?)

I've thought about creating a new device for each world, but want all the different worlds to be viewable in the same window. I know that each device has a unique scene manager... but is it possible to let a single device own multiple scene managers? (if so, how?)

If nothing else works, I can make the objects in one world children of an object with position vector3df(-100000,-100000,-10000), and another world child to an object with position vector3df(100000,100000,100000), but this seems too much of a hack.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
shogun

Post by shogun »

I'm pretty sure you want to search for "createNewSceneManager" in the API.
Caspian

Post by Caspian »

Thanks... I was looking under IVideoDriver docs for how to create a new scene manager.

It works... thanks!