I can not get libIrrlicht.a compiling

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
chinanzio

I can not get libIrrlicht.a compiling

Post by chinanzio »

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 on a AMD64 ,
I have searched in the forum but i did not find anything ...
when i try to compile the library i get the following problem :

i do a "make" in a terminal and on it appear this:

Code: Select all

casa@casa-desktop:~/irrlicht-1.4/source/Irrlicht$ make
In file included from CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:5:
CIrrDeviceLinux.h:31:38: error: X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h: No such file or directory
CIrrDeviceLinux.h:299: error: ‘XF86VidModeModeInfo’ does not name a type
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp: In destructor ‘virtual irr::CIrrDeviceLinux::~CIrrDeviceLinux()’:
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:123: error: ‘oldVideoMode’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:123: error: ‘XF86VidModeSwitchToMode’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:124: error: ‘XF86VidModeSetViewPort’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp: In member function ‘bool irr::CIrrDeviceLinux::createWindow(const irr::core::dimension2d<int>&, irr::u32)’:
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:192: error: ‘XF86VidModeQueryExtension’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:196: error: ‘XF86VidModeModeInfo’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:196: error: ‘modes’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:198: error: ‘XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:201: error: ‘oldVideoMode’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:219: error: ‘XF86VidModeSwitchToMode’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:220: error: ‘XF86VidModeSetViewPort’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp: In member function ‘virtual irr::video::IVideoModeList* irr::CIrrDeviceLinux::getVideoModeList()’:
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:1058: error: ‘XF86VidModeQueryExtension’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:1062: error: ‘XF86VidModeModeInfo’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:1062: error: ‘modes’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:1064: error: ‘XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:1067: error: ‘oldVideoMode’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [CIrrDeviceLinux.o] Error 1
I am trying to migrate to linux from windows ,
i have a little project working on windows and i would like to make it work on linux
if anyone know something !! , regards !!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

You need some X11 dev packages in order to compile Irrlicht under Linux. Just check the docs of your distribution on how to install new packages. There's also some documentation in the Wiki on this topic.
chinanzio

Post by chinanzio »

thank you hybrid !! ...
i have continued searching and i found the solution , installing libxxf86vm-dev with the package manager , it was solved and now i have got the libIrrlicht.a

i had to solve three stages
1: install ubuntu 7.10 AMD64 , like windows (next , next , finish )
2: install libglew-1.4 and libxxf86vm-dev which both are in the synaptic package manager
3: then "make" in a terminal on the irrlicht's path
and i have got it , i write it for anyone that has the same problem