Dungeoneer!

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Monochrome

Dungeoneer!

Post by Monochrome »

dicks oak
Last edited by Monochrome on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Niceeee. :D
JP

Post by JP »

Oo, nice to finally see an in-game shot of the project!

I do love the goblin model, Zenchuck did a great job there!
Image Image Image
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Oooooooooh. Now that's interesting.

Q1) Is "polivalent" a cromulent word?

Q2) Even after reading the design carefully (I think J.K Rowling is going to sue somebody) I'm still unclear on how persistent characters will be, or where they will persist. You mention accounts on the lobby server, but I infer that characters will be per (player hosted) server, not per account, and liable to permadeath at the whim of the host. Can you clarify that a bit?
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JP

Post by JP »

I tried downloading the bomberman game but when i run it the window says No dll selected and the console output says:

FBO format unsupported
FBO error
FBO=1 Color=4 Depth=5 Stencil=5
No dll selected
Image Image Image
sudi

Post by sudi »

the account system on the lobby server i just for nicknames.
the characters are not saved and are per game. means u finish a game ->character gone.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

rogerborg wrote:Oooooooooh. Now that's interesting.

Q1) Is "polivalent" a cromulent word?

Q2) Even after reading the design carefully (I think J.K Rowling is going to sue somebody) I'm still unclear on how persistent characters will be, or where they will persist. You mention accounts on the lobby server, but I infer that characters will be per (player hosted) server, not per account, and liable to permadeath at the whim of the host. Can you clarify that a bit?
Q1A: Sorry, not a native english speaker, so my english fails sometimes.

Q2A: What Sudi said before. Its somewhat like playing Diablo online without any perma chars. The account system will be more like a way to control spam and other abuses. Also I've only read one HP book in my life and i never intend to do so again. Hate that crap.
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

That's a courageous design decision. How are you going to sell expansion packs with that model? :P
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

rogerborg wrote:That's a courageous design decision. How are you going to sell expansion packs with that model? :P
Well, we simply wont have any expansion packs :p. We wanted to promote community development trough a system similar to the NWN module editor. Also this is a freeware project, expansion packs are useless :p
Last edited by Monochrome on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sudi

Post by sudi »

@JP
there is a CrazyBombing.bat
just hit that bat or dropt the CrazyBombing2 on the dungeoneer.exe
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
JP

Post by JP »

now it says it can't load the matrix font, even though it's in the correct folder!
Image Image Image
sudi

Post by sudi »

hmmm ok that seas really weird
i just downloaded it again to try it. hmmm interesting.
xray

Post by xray »

Same problems here like JP!
PI

re:

Post by PI »

Hey there! I knew I'm being talented in finding bugs! Or it's just my video card? It's ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro. See what I've got for you! ;)

Anyway, thumbs up for you!
PI
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

Indeed looks like a graphic card problem. either that or the demo isnt loading the wall textures correctly. Could you upload the console message for us?