problem tangent mesh data

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
mjoselli

problem tangent mesh data

Post by mjoselli »

Is there a file format that supports the Tangent Mesh data needed for Paralax mapping in Irrlich SDK 1.4?

Also,
I am playing around with tutorial 11... I have a face model in 3ds with a normal map texture
I am appllying the bump in a similar way as the earth model...
But in my face I can see like every triangle...is not smooth at all...How can I solve that (in rendermonkey my model doesnt seems that way at all)?? Here are 2 screenshots

Thanks
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yeah, currently the tangent calculation trashes the vertex normals. Hence, flat faces and edges are shown. There's a patch available for an enhanced tangent calculation which I only found recently to be indeed correctly working (it was assumed before that there's still a bug in that method, but it seems to be ok). So once this method is added to Irrlicht you will keep your original vertex normals.
mjoselli

Post by mjoselli »

tanks...
where can I find this patch???
"So once this method is added to Irrlicht you will keep your original vertex normals.">>when it will be released qa new version of irrlicht??