New Irrgheist SF-Racer prototypes

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
CuteAlien
Admin

New Irrgheist SF-Racer prototypes

Post by CuteAlien »

Some news from Irrgheist (http://www.irrgheist.com/).

H-Craft Championship (http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=17871) might get a successor.

Some appetizer screenshots:

Check the homepage for more infos, screenshots and renderings.
The engine used for those screenshots is certainly Irrlicht :-)

The game will also give a new team of programmers a chance of improving the code as I will withdraw from Irrgheist. If you look closely you might already notice some brand new shadereffects in some of the screenshots. Though they certainly only start to shine once the game is running, but maybe some videos will follow soon.

And don't forget that you always can support any development by telling everyone about H-Craft :-)
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

WOOOOOHOO. i been waiting long for this info :)

Glad to see it!! awesome looking shots and the site does its justice with information. i think iv done my part for hcraft, the successor will meet my hands as well!

:)

cant wait!
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

:shock: I'm trying to close my mouth but I just can't... :shock:
WOW..

P.S
Such things really makes me want to program games.
Last edited by MasterGod on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Awesome! :shock:
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Mhmm, this is great. I love the graphics, they are very crisp, and I can't wait to try out the gameplay. I love Irrgheist in general. :D
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

Meh, another racer? H-craft was ok but this one ls starting to look to much as a Wipeout clone :p. Come on, you guys are pros. How about exploring a different genre?
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Monochrome wrote:Meh, another racer? H-craft was ok but this one ls starting to look to much as a Wipeout clone :p. Come on, you guys are pros. How about exploring a different genre?
Sure, nobody likes sequels.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
xDan
Competition winner

Post by xDan »

heck yeah! I like the motion blur :)
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

The screenshots look terrific, as always. What will you do then? Change to some AAA company?
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

rogerborg wrote:
Monochrome wrote:Meh, another racer? H-craft was ok but this one ls starting to look to much as a Wipeout clone :p. Come on, you guys are pros. How about exploring a different genre?
Sure, nobody likes sequels.
Which is probably why EA is the most successful game company on this planet... hm, wait...

But if you read my text you see that I'm not working on this anyway ;-)

@hybrid: I'm currently doing contract work as freelancer for a living. Also using Irrlicht.
Last edited by CuteAlien on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

CuteAlien wrote:Which is probably why EA is the most successful game company on this planet... hm, wait...

But if you read my text you see that I'm not working on this anyway ;-)
Just because it has money it doesnt mean its sucessful. Most EA originals suck big time, and the only games that sell nicely are remakes of games which were made by companies that were bought by EA (C&C for example). EA is one of the reasons why the industry is sinking more and more into graphical extravaganza while fading away from concept originality; you shouldnt use them as business model.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Well, obviously I do not...
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

That's mud slinging at his best.
The biggest, most paying (and one of 4 of the branches of the company) sequels inducing game that EA has is... The Sims! Develloped under a EA banner from start to now.

EA has only 2 sequels per original title on average, considering EA Sims and EA sports, that might be more in the range of one sequel per game on average. Really not that much in the industry. Each studio is pretty much controlled independantly with little managing from the top. And with the number of studios they have, they ought to have a good number of bad games too, it's normal. It's hating for hating, what you are doing, and that's despicable.

Also, this game look gorgeous. Nice job! ^^
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

Dorth wrote:That's mud slinging at his best.
The biggest, most paying (and one of 4 of the branches of the company) sequels inducing game that EA has is... The Sims! Develloped under a EA banner from start to now.

EA has only 2 sequels per original title on average, considering EA Sims and EA sports, that might be more in the range of one sequel per game on average. Really not that much in the industry. Each studio is pretty much controlled independantly with little managing from the top. And with the number of studios they have, they ought to have a good number of bad games too, it's normal. It's hating for hating, what you are doing, and that's despicable.

Also, this game look gorgeous. Nice job! ^^
And that's fanboyism at his worst. Sims is milk cow EA would have left long ago if they had a chip of originiality (also its not an original since it was made by maxis as an expansion of the Sim genre which is far older than the EA acquisition to this company) . And as for studio independence that's bullshit aswell. EA cancelled a buttload of interesting projects by these so called "independent" studios. Dungeon Keeper 3, Ultima, etc, EA simply pulled the plug out of 'em when it got tired of it. EA is the kind of company that thinks money can buy happiness when it realizes it cannot compete with other companies in therms of originality and product quality. Its like the spoiled rich kid that doesnt get enough attention from its parents, or a like a bored billionaire that possesses a huge collection of rare cars that never uses. The recent agressive commercial strategies in order to acquire TakeTwo are unquestionable evidences of EA's true nature.

I'm not just saying this based on pure hate. EA was a company i respected a lot back in the days since it made of my favorite games for the old Commodore Amiga until it suddenly abandoned all creativeness in order to support crappy sport franchises no one ever cared about and expand to borg-like corporation from then.
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

ahan... I worked at EA. My roommate works at EA. Even Penny-Arcade, which were pretty hard EA basher a couple of years ago, have said plenty of good things about all aspects of EA recently, with a few exceptions. What's your source? Maxis is an old studio that I love, yet the Sims project was thought by many heads together. You just hate and opposing you is fanboyism. Get over yourself. Here in Montréal, they're one of the best studio to work for. Heh, not only that, but more than half title made here are originals. There's an entire division of the studio that work on possible new game before submitting the idea. If it is approved, it becomes the project of the studio. Most EA studios are similar. Don't speak of things you know naught.