My project based using Irrlicht

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
WhytWulf

My project based using Irrlicht

Post by WhytWulf »

Yup, I've finally decided that Irrlicht is the right engine for my project. I had a look at both OGRE and Neo. both are great engines, but all the dependency on DLLs and external libs is crazy.. and not for me.. HEck it took me ages just to get OGRE and STL compiling :)

My project is a game AID for the role playing game Shadowrun. I've already been in contact with both Wizkids LLC and Microsoft (who have the licence to make and Shadowrun game), as long as I don't make a game and use copyrighted material (manual rules, etc), they won't chase me... :)

Wizkids LLC, told me I can make a game aid tool.. which is what I am doing.. players will still need the manuals, etc.. the software just allows players around the world to visually see the same scene that the GM has created. I have more design and background docs on my site..

Fingers crossed.. also working on another project.. but I'll let you know, once Shadowrun Online is in beta...(I don't know yet if I will use Irrlicht for that one.. sorry Niko, migt have to get some inverstors for that one.. need to licence VegaPrime and Multigen creator.. or bigworldgames ( I priced up this one last year,, $1Million AUD for the sourcecode...my wallet ain't that deep :) )
Project Admin -
http://shadowrunonline.sourceforge.net

------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Cool, I'll add your link to the link page, once I'll get access to the server again..