models sometimes stop drawing while passing screen edge

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
fretnoize

models sometimes stop drawing while passing screen edge

Post by fretnoize »

I have models (rotating randomly) that sometimes when they start to go off the edge of the screen, they stop drawing. Upon further research I used the player model which I have more control over to help look at the problem and noticed that it disappears prematurely only at certain rotation angles, other times it will leave the edge of the screen just fine. I'm wondering what some causes of this might be. Also, I don't know if its worth mentioning, but my rendering is set up using Saigumi's (thank you!) orthgonal tutorial, so there is no perspective. Any thoughts will be appreciated, thanks!
fretnoize

Post by fretnoize »

*bump*

anyone want to take a stab at this? if you need more info, let me know.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

that usually happens when you got some of the texture flags set to "true" for dynamic lighting. Try setting them to "false" (for testing purposes, set them all to false and check if models show up ok, and the start setting them to "true" 1 by 1 to see which is the problematic one) to see if it corrects the prob.

cheers
dingo

Post by dingo »

It sounds like you need to make sure your frustum culling is set up right.

Might be Orthagonal viewing with perspective culling or something like .

I don't really know - just guessing
-= Want your C code to control real life robots? www.users.on.net/~symes =-