Error: Help me i'm very new to this

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
IllegalEnzyme

Error: Help me i'm very new to this

Post by IllegalEnzyme »

Ok, i was trying the Hello World Tutorial using DevC++ and when t compiled i got the following error:

[Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp___ZN3irr12createDeviceENS_5video11EDriverTypeERKNS_4core11dimension2dIiEEjbbPNS_14IEventReceiverEPKw'

I have no idea what it means as i am very new to this. It's weird cos it doesn't happen when i9 compile the example source but if i copy the example source into another blank project i get the same error.

Please help its driving me insane!!!!
Signatures suck cos i can never think wot to write!
darkraven

Post by darkraven »

Not sure exactly if this is a solution as I'm still learning too but make sure that you are linking to the dev c++ irrlicht libs. To me that sounds like the problem as I've had those problems when I've forgotten to include the librarys.
IllegalEnzyme

Post by IllegalEnzyme »

ok, thanx for replying anyway.

anyone else know whats going on?
Acki

Re: Error: Help me i'm very new to this

Post by Acki »

IllegalEnzyme wrote:It's weird cos it doesn't happen when i9 compile the example source but if i copy the example source into another blank project i get the same error.
I think you have not set the include path and library files for irrlicht correctly !?!?!
You have to include this under the projects propertys...

CU, Acki
IllegalEnzyme

Post by IllegalEnzyme »

Thanx Acki it works now!!!
jl0206

Post by jl0206 »

I think the project is a consle not a windows one