my3d exporter for 3d studio max 2008/3d studio max 9?

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
dogyears

my3d exporter for 3d studio max 2008/3d studio max 9?

Post by dogyears »

Hey folks, I seem to have run into a little snag here and I could use your help :) So here's the problem - well I downloaded the my3d exporter for 3d studio max 7/8 (I did not find it in the SDK unfortunately!? it's only available from the creator's website) and I'm having some trouble running it! It's giving me an error "%1 is not a valid win32 application"!!

I've tried almost everything I could think of ... changing the path, reinstalling 3d studio max, changing the path of 3d studio max (I figured it had something to do with the space in "Program Files", installing the legacy versions of the plugin ... and I'm stumped.

So I figure that the problem is one of two things
- I'm using 3dsmax 2008 or 3dsmax 9 which is not supported
- It has something to do with windows vista 64-bit.

I'm close to starting a new XP installation but I'm wondering if anyone here could solve my problem?? THANKS!!

Cheers
Kriolyth

Re: my3d exporter for 3d studio max 2008/3d studio max 9?

Post by Kriolyth »

dogyears wrote: - It has something to do with windows vista 64-bit.
If you are running a 64bit version of Max (and you, most probably, are) then it is the problem. Max Plugin is basically a DLL, and you cannot load a 32bit DLL into a 64bit process. So you have to recompile the plugin with Max 9 SDK and targeting an x64 CPU.
The cake is a lie.
dogyears

Post by dogyears »

incidentally i've tried both the 32 and 64 bits of max with no success - I'll give recompiling it a shot though ... I'll post the binaries once i'm done. I'm surprised noone has done this yet.
Zot

Post by Zot »

Hello, did you get anywhere with making a Max2008 version?
grayman

Post by grayman »

MY3D is a great format but it was abbandon long time ago, i suggest to try with .b3d format, a guy made a nice exporter www.gandalf.com and you can bake the lightmaps directly from blender and inside irrlicht it seem dont mess with texture paths, automatically.

is usefull for animated and static meshes....
System

AMD X2 4200
nvidia 7600gs 256mb
2GB ram DDR2