Running Too Fast??

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
ktyrer496

Running Too Fast??

Post by ktyrer496 »

i have made a game mainly on one computer running VB 2003, works fine runs around 30FPS, i try it on two other computers, one with 1gb reasonably good spec nothing special with VB2005 and another computer with a much better spec and VB2005, both run much faster than the original computer at around 50FPS, this obviously cause problems, speed which i though was good originally is now stupidly fast!is this because of the 2005 VB?of the FPS?if so how can i solve this?
The idea of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

frame independent movement. Assumptions about the speed of a machine are only allowed in hardware development (and such things), otherwise you should react on the time that passed since you last came to that point. The forum should have some solutions, but google will also explain you the basics.