code::blocks problem.(SOLVED)

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
3DModelerMan

code::blocks problem.(SOLVED)

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Hi I have decided to use code::blocks as IDE, and I need a tutorial on how to set up Irrlicht 1.4, I can't find the template for code::blocks though as the tutorial has a brocken link.
I am working on a project so I really need help.

Thanks.

P.S .
I will be using MinGW for my compiler.
Last edited by 3DModelerMan on Thu May 29, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
marcos

Post by marcos »

The latest version of code blocks comes with a project wizard to create irrlicht projects. Just select "File->Project" and then "2d/3d-> Irrlicht Project:
1. Click "Next"
2. Select the name and path for the project you want to create.
3. In the next window type the location of irrlicht (do not click "..." or you will have to configure every single folder for irrlicht).
4. Build and it should work

If you want to compile irrlicht itself just open "Irrlicht_Win32-gcc.cbp" in the folder "irrlicht-1.4\source\Irrlicht":
1-Select in the "Build target" combo "Release".
2- Right click on the project and select build (or ctrl+f9)
Optional 3. right click project. go to "Build options"->"Project build options" and in the "defines" section add " -D_IRR_COMPILE_WITH_DIRECT3D_9_"

Done!

If you have problems downloading the tutorial listed in the wiki I can send it to you