Good source of free ANIMATED models

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
renegadeandy

Good source of free ANIMATED models

Post by renegadeandy »

Hey guys.

I need models for my game obviously - not talented in any shape or form to do it myself, nor do I really have the time.

Thus i need some good sources of models, ive looked at the polycount website - it has some models but only for quake 2, not really useful for me.

I am currently using md2 models, but i suppose I could use various types if they were appropriate - textured and animated. Thanks very much guys,

Andy
JP

Post by JP »

What's wrong with polycount? Irrlicht supports MD2 so that's a great resource, apart from the fact most of them are rubbish :lol:

Turbosquid is a good place for models but generally doesn't have animated ones...
Image Image Image
ayman

Post by ayman »

polycount.com was down for years ... so thanks for the message that it is up and running again! Now there seem to be less models than before though.
renegadeandy

Post by renegadeandy »

polycount seems to have quake2 models and thats it......

not that useful!

Event then, when i download them, they are in 2 files a tris and a weapon which i dont really understand - also doesnt show how to use them, what animation names or frames are etc etc etc..