Poser Animation in Irrlicht

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Minikisto

Poser Animation in Irrlicht

Post by Minikisto »

Hi!

How can i use a Poser 7 animation in Irrlicht? i've tried Interposer & Poserfusion but the experience wasn't really satisfactory.

When i use Poserfusion with Cinema 4d, i only can get a skeleton.
However, when i try Interposer, i only get a mesh within' move.

One more thing, can i attach a head from Xface to Poser 7 animation's neck?

Cheers

P.D.: Sorry about my english...
JP

Post by JP »

I don't know anything about getting models from poser into irrlicht, basically you just need to find an exporter that will turn the poser format into .x, .b3d or .ms3d, then irrlicht should be able to handle them, though it seems like you've probably done something like that but the exported file is not being correctly loaded in irrlicht, or wasn't exported correctly in the first place...

As for your question about an xface head, i'll assume that xface is an application that's good for facial animations or something... Basically it's gonna be the same process you have to go through.. get the model exported from xface to a format that irrlicht supports animation for (as above). Then all you need to do in irrlicht is get the neck bone of the poser-exported model and attach the head to that by setting it as the node's parent, then it will remain connected to the neck and rotate/translate as expected.
Image Image Image
marcos

Post by marcos »

I would try to export the animation in BVH and importing in blender with the following script:

http://centralsource.com/blender/bvh/what.htm

I think this script already comes bundled in the latest blender versions.

And then export to .X file

This is the theory. I do not know if this will work. There is another point. As far as I heard Poser's OBJ is just a subset of OBJ so maybe that will cause you trouble.

Unfortunately irrBlend do not support exporting animated meshes, yet.

http://code.google.com/p/tubras/wiki/irrb

By the way, isn't poser meant to be used for high-poly models? And irrlicht is a real time engine, so you are not supposed to work with those... Isn't it like using ZBrush models?
Minikisto

Post by Minikisto »

Thank you for your responses.

I tried to export .BVH but i can´t load Poser's animation in Blender. I haven`t needed the script, my blender's version was bringing it.

Moreover, i made an animation with Cinema 4D (a dummy and a sphere),then i export it with the X-File exporter plugin, when i charged it in the tutorial 8 "Special FX" my "scene" persist static, but when i charge dwarf.x , it has got move...

Someone who has already done some animations and later charged it in irrlicht... Can tell me how to do it and which tools use to do it? i'm looking for make human animation...

Thanks again.