Confined [First Person Medieval RPG]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
stevend

Post by stevend »

well over the course of last night i installed the latest release of ubuntu onto my system so i could begin porting it over to linux! i will be a little busy over the next little while, it might take a bit.

to make it work though i would assume theres only a few things you have to do.

one would be to just remove windows.h, shellapi and one other... i think.. because i dont even use them, and also remove removeDirectory from factory.hpp and factory.cpp.

but i will post working linux source code in a few days.
grayman

jajaja

Post by grayman »

Dude a lot of posts, dude i cant compile the irrnewt 0.4, and i am a blender artist, could you upload a rar of your netbeans project?
System

AMD X2 4200
nvidia 7600gs 256mb
2GB ram DDR2
stevend

Post by stevend »

what the hell?? all the posts i made over like 2 days appeared! :P could a mod please delete them? :?:

yes i havent tried to compile irrnewt on linux yet but i plan to give it a shot asap.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Done. However, the posts should have been visible all the time, just not showing up as new. At least that's what happened for me...
grayman

Post by grayman »

stevened could you use NetBeans IDE, im not programmer but its a fantastic IDE, very complete and works perfectly with irrlicht.
System

AMD X2 4200
nvidia 7600gs 256mb
2GB ram DDR2
JP

Post by JP »

Yeah i'm sure he'll want to switch to a learn a new IDE just for you ;)

I didn't much like netbeans when working with it in java, very slow!
Image Image Image
grayman

Post by grayman »

i agree its slow, dude anyway could you make a linux port? one what i can compile under ubuntu 8, please...

Thanks dude!
System

AMD X2 4200
nvidia 7600gs 256mb
2GB ram DDR2
stevend

Post by stevend »

Yeah I cant exactly port this to ubuntu at this time :(

the reason is for some reason Linux + Irrlicht 1.4.1 are not playing together nicely on my old shitty nvidia card.

if i remember right someone on the irrlicht IRC channel told me it was fixed in the SVN, but I might wait for a new release.

on a side note:

Confined is on a temporary hiatus for two reasons.

1) I am back in school, raping me of my free time
2) I think some parts need a wee bit of recoding
stevend

Post by stevend »

well it looks like im going to start developing Brute: your virtual dragon and full speed.

what is good about this is im redesigning my game engine framework for it, and im going to run confined off of it.

The current game engine for Confined is built in such a way that the NPC's will be a bitch, to put it bluntley, and the new framework will be able to tackle NPC's with ease.