Adding new member function

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Oberstille

Adding new member function

Post by Oberstille »

Hello,

I'm trying to add a new member function to COpenGLTexture (on the Mac, using the XCode project provided with the Mac SDK, if that matters). I've added the member function and everything compiles just fine. The app compiles fine, but when I go to link it, I get an "undefined symbol" error--like the member function isn't being exposed in libIrrlicht.a.

Does anyone know what might be going wrong?

Thanks a bunch!
vitek
Bug Slayer

Post by vitek »

After you modify the Irrlicht sources, you have to rebuild the library. Once you rebuild the library, you have to make sure that you link to the new library when you link your project.

Travis
torleif

Post by torleif »

You may find extending the class more useful than modifying the source, as it means you need to have responsibility of two code bases (also the license of irrlict means you have to share your modified source).

If you're a good coder and is adding functionality that other people will use, go for gold, we need more of that.
randomMesh

Post by randomMesh »

torleif wrote:(also the license of irrlict means you have to share your modified source)
Uhm.. what? It's zlib. You don't even have to mention you're using irrlicht...

See here.