Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Vectrotek
Competition winner

Re: Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post by Vectrotek »

Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Irrlicht?
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

I am still alive guys, My latest experiment "Radiosity maker", deffered engine built on entity's irrrenderer, added recycled(1 map unlimted lights) softshadow maps volumeteric ligfhts screenspace reflection etc...... The radiosity maker reads any scene and adds the indirect lighting as new virtual lights. Turns boring scenes with a few lights into preofessionally lit ones.

"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

some fuzzy reflections visible
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Now that's flipin neat! Nice!!
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Vectrotek wrote:Irrlicht?
As if it couldn't XD

WB Omaremad :D i see you've discovered the amazing world of the "fake-osity" :lol: (i still believe this is a peyorative term... :/) in which a radiosity solution is actually performed as a set of secondary lights placed strategically, :) I think You could gain some more detail if instead of plain lights, you used 2nd order spherical harmonics but none the less, cool
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Thanks guys. I did a similar experiment with forward rendering in 2010 "GPURAD" http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... hp?t=39186. It baked radisoity using spot lights attached to surfaces to a lightmap. If the process is optimised its actually what Lightsprint and enlighten do, render to a lightmap in view space. it won the sept 2010 screenshot, what happened to the gallery, looks dead?

I made this varient because i wanted something deffered and without ligtmaps.

I use directional lighting instead of simple lights, I have a vec3*6 for each face of the cube. A simple version of SH that i cant apply transforms to.

Code: Select all

vec3 light= max(dot(lightDir,vNormal),0.0)*max(dot(lightDir,-normalize(upVec)),0.0)*(att)*ColorY;
        light+= max(dot(lightDir,vNormal),0.0)*max(dot(lightDir,normalize(upVec)),0.0)*(att)*ColornY;
        light+= max(dot(lightDir,vNormal),0.0)*max(dot(lightDir,-normalize(xVec)),0.0)*(att)*ColorX;
        light+= max(dot(lightDir,vNormal),0.0)*max(dot(lightDir,normalize(xVec)),0.0)*(att)*ColornX;
        light+= max(dot(lightDir,vNormal),0.0)*max(dot(lightDir,-normalize(zVec)),0.0)*(att)*ColorZ;
        light+= max(dot(lightDir,vNormal),0.0)*max(dot(lightDir,normalize(zVec)),0.0)*(att)*ColornZ;

"Irrlicht is obese"

omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Integrated with first king editor, Mel you run a custom editor right?

I really wish there was a full fledged c++ editor template, The FKE is the closest i have found

"Irrlicht is obese"

Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I'm with my custom editor right now, yes, trying to integrate some modelling tools in it, and maybe more. We tried to update the gallery, even updated the Wordpress version of the main page in SF.net, but due to some security issues, that ended in a dead end :/
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »

Vectrotek
Competition winner

Post by Vectrotek »