vs 05 compile problem

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
razvan252

vs 05 compile problem

Post by razvan252 »

Hey my name is Adrian and ive just begun learning irrlicht. i downloaded the latest version, the 8 and 9 sdk but when i try to compile i get lots of errors like this:

Code: Select all

D:\Share D\programe\Visual Studio\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(221) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PVOID64'
D:\Share D\programe\Visual Studio\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(221) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
im using visual studio 2005.(not express)

can anyone please help?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

You have to reverse the order in which you include the Platform SDK and the DX SDK in your project setup.
razvan252

Post by razvan252 »

yees finally after 3 days of downloading and getting ready it was built:P
thank you
razvan252

Post by razvan252 »

ok i have another question and i thought id ask here and not make a new thread about it.

when changing resolution, do images and everything get resized?
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

You actually can't change the resolution of an Irrlicht device. You have to drop() the device and create a new one, and then reload all the resources, so in that sense it's taken care of.

Is that what you meant, or do you have specific questions about (e.g.) Irrlicht's 2D methods?
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
razvan252

Post by razvan252 »

oh ok i understand now how it changes. but do 2d textures get resized too depending on it?(you know just like desktop icons)
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

If you render 200 pixels in width, it will be the same amount of pixels before and after the resolution change. If you render to width/3 pixels, it will be compressed into the smaller area.