Nadro's XML Material/CG interface

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
aheymann

Nadro's XML Material/CG interface

Post by aheymann »

Hallo

I have been having some problems understanding Nadro's Cg Interface (which looks fantastic). I am not sure who to ask about my questions in more details. I am basically having problems, tying in the XML file needed to define the material, and using .CG files generated from nVidia's FX composer. Does anybody have specific knowledge of using this interface/FX composer?

Thanks

Anton
JP

Post by JP »

Maybe Nadro himself would be a sensible person to ask???

Or even post in his project thread??
Image Image Image
aheymann

Post by aheymann »

Guess what - I have tried. I am looking at providing some kind of framework for extending materials, and his IrrCG app does seem to do the job (although it does need quite a bit of work on it). I do not know how to get hold of him 'quicker' and he does not appear to be on the forum - therefor the slight desperation in posting here as well.

Thanks

Anton
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Hi aheymann,

Currently IrrCg doesn't support *.cgfx files (it's on TODO list to next version). When You create *.cgfx file via FX Composer You have to add all 'key values - parameters' eg. Camera matrices to Material file (similar to native C++ Irrlicht shader callback code) and sources of vertex and fragment program to *.cg file. In You application code You can generate material from existing *.xml material file and apply it on scene node. That's all.
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes