Changing the Dll name.

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Mad-Mazda

Changing the Dll name.

Post by Mad-Mazda »

If i change my dll name, what else do i change so my project can find it. because it just keeps serching for Irrlicht.dll but its not named that anymore.
jhend60

k

Post by jhend60 »

I also want to do this, to avoid detection that I might be using irrlicht (even though it will be pretty obvious) I want to make my game as hack protected as possible. I am not sure how to do this but it might be something to do with the library file that you include by using pragma comment(lib, "Irrlicht.lib"). Have a look at the source of that file, and you might find your answer. Otherwise, looking around the web for this may give you your answer.
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

I'm just going to mention, if you care about your client being hacked, then you are going about you entire network scheme horribly wrong. If it's not a multiplayer game, then why would you ever care if your client gets hacked?
rogerborg wrote:Every time someone learns to use a debugger, an angel gets their wings.
Masterhawk

Re: k

Post by Masterhawk »

jhend60 wrote:[...] I want to make my game as hack protected as possible. [...]
And how would you achieve that by simply changing the dll's name? :roll:
MasterM

Post by MasterM »

If you dont want others to cheat in your game then try to find out how they do it and think of a way to stop it, but only if its a multiplayer game...else if its a single player game dont waste your time on bullet proofing your game...
C++ is not the Magdalena...it takes patience...shes like the well aged prostitute, it takes years to learn her tricks! she is cruel...laughs at you when you are naked...
Life of a programmer == Const abuse
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 (the other versions should be similar)

Code: Select all

Right click on the Irrlicht project and select Properties
Select:
  Configuration Properties
    Linker
      General
        Output File <--- change this to e.g. foo.dll
      Advanced
        Import Library <-- change this to e.g. foo.lib
In your application, link against foo.lib instead of Irrlicht.lib
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way