Bone Animation, IK handle Question

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
dlangdev

Bone Animation, IK handle Question

Post by dlangdev »

Hello, I need help on how to shift the body for a turn-around. I'm trying to get a bone animation for a model that is about to deliver a punch, the weight of the body should be realistic enough to show a realistic delivery.

But...

In my attempt to pull the IK handles to position, the motion is lost due to incorrect joint movement.

Now, I'm wondering what else do I need to know in order the body to turn while the maintaing the weight of the balance.

See image below of what I want to accomplish...

Here is another one...

dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

It looks like I found the solution to that. What I did was created a cube and placed the model on top of, that made the animating part easier I can now focus on the weight of the body with respect to the ground.

Here is a screenshot showing the technique. Basically, create a small space, a plane or cube or cylinder will work just fine, and then place your model on it.

bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Moving to graphics forum. Thanks for posting the solution, I learned something myself today even though I don't model or animate :)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

ehm...I hope you know about IK targets, autoIK(in 2.48a you can disable better, better work-together with autoik, some other rigging fixes) , floor constraint, track to constraints, etc, etc.

basically quite alot can be done with those. Without that, floating and sliding feet are easy to happen, angeneral posing is harder and more destructive.

the box trick is good, but i tend to prefer a floor, if textured, better (allows better idea of the move, etc, similar reason of the cube) That is, a huge, box at floor level.You can make certain bones never go bellow that floor ;) Tho is not magical. You need a lot of tweaking and often floor constraint is better not to use...

ISO time, x, y,z interpolation curves absolutely key to do animation well.
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com