A Look Inside Unreal Engine 3.5

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Halifax

A Look Inside Unreal Engine 3.5

Post by Halifax »

Just posting this cool video up that I found on vimeo: http://vimeo.com/1775008

It's an actual video from the conference where Epic was showing the updates they made to engine. So instead of the usual video which is just a reel of the updates, this actually has Tim Sweeney speaking, and another developer.

They provide a lot more information, and video, on how they do the in engine destruction. It in fact is totally pre-calculatd and doesn't use the PhysX implementation. And it may have a little real-time calculation to find ray intersection from the bullet, but nowhere near the amount of calculations that were implied by saying "real-time structural analysis...that can determine how objects break apart into pieces given stresses and strains." I kind of figured he was embellishing a little bit on that statement. :lol:

But anyways, have fun watching it!
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

hmmmm, interesting.... I can't wait to get some down time so I can learn more on graphics programing so I can make some things like that.