Gile[s] loader

Post those lines of code you feel like sharing or find what you require for your project here; or simply use them as tutorials.
xray

Post by xray »

Great work sudi... But it would be gread as well when we could create a seperate giles loader which also would load lights, custom properties and shaders! Or even that this loader would give you access to the information which nodes are in the file with shaders and custom property settings...
sudi

Post by sudi »

Well shaders....Gile[s] doesn't have any shader settings.
But i will see what i can do.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
xray

Post by xray »

Gile[s] still has shader settings, you can load shaders (only opengl as I remember) over the material window.
sudi

Post by sudi »

i just checked at least version 1.36 has no shaders and the fileformat is not showing any shaders either.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
xray

Post by xray »

For version 1.36 you are right... but the 2.0 has. I will ask the author for updating the file format specs to giles 2.0 so we can use also the new features.

cheers
sudi

Post by sudi »

ok then i will update to gile[s] 2.** and hope i will get my hands on the new format specs.
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Wow! That really great! This is my main lightmapping application everytime I decide to do something with IRRlicht. Being able to load Giles scene directly inside IRRlicht would be wonderful!

In the version 2, they use shaders to do terrain spatting (as painting directly on terrains) being able to load that back would be really interesting!
sudi

Post by sudi »

christianclavet wrote: In the version 2, they use shaders to do terrain spatting (as painting directly on terrains) being able to load that back would be really interesting!
Are u sure? Because in Version 1.36 so the one before 2 u are able to paint to the meshes as well. There u paint to the lightmap. Maybe try my loader for ur files. maybe its already loading everything u need. and since the loader is not in irrlicht u can easily modify it to support the new shaders.

right now i just don't have any time left to do stuff like this.
itsagam

Re: Gile[s] loader

Post by itsagam »

The link is dead, can anyone upload it. Googling it doesn't help.