Mac OS X osx86

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
benny53

Mac OS X osx86

Post by benny53 »

How do you all feel about these "hackintosh" computers? Running mac os x on a pc. I find this quite interesting, but unfortunately will cause apple to lose money. What are all your thoughts on these hacked operating systems?
roelor

Post by roelor »

If you want a mac buy a mac. why buy a windows/lunix pc and put mac on it. Thats like going to the store next to the apple shop to buy a banana and try to trade it for an apple. instead of just buying one. On the other hand if apple makes mac's more expensive I can understand why they do this.
benny53

Post by benny53 »

That's the only reason I can really understand this as well. The fact that macs are so expensive as opposed to pcs ( for less as well it would seem ) would make this understandable. Note- not right. It is, all in all, stealing from a company who has worked hard on it. I just wanted to see what everyone else thought on this subject n_n
grafikrobot

Post by grafikrobot »

benny53 wrote:It is, all in all, stealing from a company who has worked hard on it.
How is it stealing?
tewe76

Post by tewe76 »

I'm not much in this subject, but the main advantage i can see is:
you can have the 3 systems (Win,Mac,Linux) on one computer (with the pros and cons that this brings).

Although i don't know if this is legal / ethical or not :roll:
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

It's a tricky one, fraught with flawed analogies that justify both sides.

The bottom line is this: if you develop content for a living, or aim to do so, then you should show the same respect for other people's licenses that you'd hope would be shown for yours.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way