have cash - will travel

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Seven

have cash - will travel

Post by Seven »

I have a significant amount of funds set aside and am looking to complete a game in the style of Gothic 3. Any thoughts on where I can get top quality, fully rigged and animated models of DnD style is appreciated. I have searched the web, but am interested in any personal opinions that you might have.

Feel free to PM me on this topic if negative feedback is being given of a particular vendor.

Seven
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Perhaps you are looking in the fish shop for bread makers. May i suggest art communities, that cater for games specifically.if you have some time,say,longer than a week right? Post on forums dedicated to art for games,and you will get awesome quality freelancing.

Www.polycount.net
Www.game-artist.net

Hope you find what you are looking for :)
Seven

Post by Seven »

Perhaps you are looking in the fish shop for bread makers. :) I like that...

You might be right, but the number of websites advertising goods of this nature are in abundance. I wasnt actually advertising for the goods here, just references. I will check out the two that you listed, but I am still itnerested if anyone has any personal experience with purchasing this type of asset, and if so, what pitfalls / positive things did you encounter?
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

lol, well my point was that artists on game forums are CONSTANTLY making cool stuff, current gen, next gen and they. are. incredible.

i was typing on my cellphone, but i was meaning that it would probably work out better, and cheaper to get new assets from students who are super keen to make stuff. This is a great way to also get involved and try to understand the pipeline, which makes making games easier.