Animation problem when switching to 1.5

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
cyberwan

Animation problem when switching to 1.5

Post by cyberwan »

Hi everyone !

I'm working back on a project which I used to develop with Irrlicht 1.4.1. The first thing I did was to adapt it to version 1.5, which did not prove too hard. I still have a problem about objects animation : I have many AnimatedMeshSceneNodes using the same MD2 mesh model. The problem is that when I start the animation on one node using setFrameLoop, all the nodes using the mesh start moving ! I don't remember it was the case with the old version, so could it be because of the new version, or do I have to find the error in my own code ?
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Ah, that may be my bug in the 1.5 SDK. How's your Subversion? If you get the latest 1.5 branch from SVN then that should be fixed.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
cyberwan

Post by cyberwan »

Well, that's better :) but I now see a bug which reminds be about an old md2-normals loading bug.. Is it possible that this bug is on the 1.5 branch and not on the main branch ?
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

cyberwan wrote:I now see a bug which reminds be about an old md2-normals loading bug.. Is it possible that this bug is on the 1.5 branch and not on the main branch ?
Er, it's possible. What are the symptoms?
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
cyberwan

Post by cyberwan »

You can see the bug description and resolution on This topic. I also have a strange texture-loading bug, which is not in the main release.. I think I'll have to wait for 1.5.1 :)