CEGUI + OpenGLES1.x, nothing get drawn on the screen?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
bumbleBee

CEGUI + OpenGLES1.x, nothing get drawn on the screen?

Post by bumbleBee »

Hello,
im trying to combine CEGUI + OpenGLES1.x to do some test, to my surprise nothing get drawn on the screen, but it works fine when using DirectX9 as the renderer, what could be the reason?

thank you.
radical-dev

Post by radical-dev »

Do you use OpenGL ES as stand-alone-API or via Irrlicht-Engine ?
bumbleBee

Post by bumbleBee »

Thanks for your reply.

Its an OpenGLES app using Irrlicht-Engine as renderer, here you can find the source (slightly modified to meet the current CEGUI and irrlicht version)

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=19200

Everything looks fine with directx9 as renderer while nothing shows up when turned to OpenGLES. :(
radical-dev

Post by radical-dev »

Did you build the Irrlicht-Engine against OpenGL ES (with the new Headers and so on) and the CEGUI-Module against this new lib?

EDIT: What does the CEGUI.log says? Any errors?
bumbleBee

Post by bumbleBee »

Im using PowerVR headers and libs;
The CEGUI-Module is recompiled to use current version;

CEGUI log says basicly the same thing as using directx9 (which rendered correctly)

Anyway, there is one thing that is incorrect : in the console, it prints :

Code: Select all

Irrlicht Engine version 1.5
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Using renderer: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
OpenGL_ES
Imagination Technologies
EGL_IMG_power_management
GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_fixed_point GL
_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_point_sprite GL_IMG_user_clip_planes GL_OES_matrix_
palette GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_single_precision GL_IMG_te
xture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_env_enhanced_fixed_function GL_ARB_textur
e_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_OES_matrix_get GL_IMG_vertex_program GL
_IMG_read_format  GL_IMG_texture_format_BGRA8888  GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays
GL_INVALID_ENUM // <---- error
Loaded texture: TaharezLook.tga
trace back, the error occurs when binding the texture '#DefaultFont', i guess it should not be the reason?

BTW, the Quake3Map with OpenGLES works fine.

Thanks.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen this error with the default font. Are you sure it's not your tga texture which causes the error? Note that not all texture modes are supported by ogl-es, and work-arounds are also not available. Please try the other examples with ogl-es first, as those also load the default font.
Also make sure to always use the latest SVN code from ogl-es branch.