B3d Loading Error

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
freetimecoder

B3d Loading Error

Post by freetimecoder »

Hi,

I am using the b3d format for all types of stuff, but now I suddenly got this error:
B3dMeshLoader: Weight has bad vertex id <no link to meshbuffer index found>
When I want to animate this skinned mesh, some vertices just don't want to follow. I already searched and found http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... p?p=156113 but I can't get a solution from that. (And I don't want to use .x, thats even worse) It seems to work with the Original Blitz3D for the Debugger shows no errors, however, I did not try animation yet.

I am using Blender and gandalfs B3D exporter.
The Blend can be found here.
edit:
The B3D

greetings
Last edited by freetimecoder on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Can you please also upload the B3D file somewhere? Otherwise only programmers who are familiar with Blender and the exporter will be able to investigate the loading bugs. Keep the .blend file though, in case any artists have modeling tips for you
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
freetimecoder

Post by freetimecoder »

Ok,
here it is.

greetings
mc08

Post by mc08 »

i was really struggling with a export problem with gandaldf's b3d before too. half the model didn't follow the bones in animations and therefore half the model hang in "Rest Position" and the other half was doing all animations correctly. I fixed this problem by simply updating b3d exporter to the newest version, disregarding that i dont have the latest blender.
worked for me. prefectly.
freetimecoder

Post by freetimecoder »

mc08 wrote:worked for me. prefectly.
That did the job :D
Until a few seconds I didn't even know ther was a new version.

Thanks for your help.

greetings
mc08

Post by mc08 »

glad I could help you :)

that problem was SO frustrating when i struggled with it.
freetimecoder

Post by freetimecoder »

I know what you are talking about, I spent days reweighting the mesh, reskinning the mesh, renaming the vertexgroups, even remodeling, I freaking tried everything :lol:

I hope someone will find this in case he has the same problems.

greetings